ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT APPLICATION REFREE DONE MISTAKE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

layla1234
Newly Registered

PASSPORT APPLICATION REFREE DONE MISTAKE

Post by layla1234 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 pm

I applied for first British passport and received it 2 weeks ago i just checked the photocopy of the application form which was send while applying and realized that my counter signatory mentioned me as FAMILY FRIEND in the box of knowing capacity , while he is not my family friend i don't even have any family here i only know him because his place of work is in the neighbor of my residence ( he is Minister of religion in an Islamic cultural center ) and i some time visited that cultural center for Friday prayer . I am really worried my concerns are

it is a false information stored on HM Passport data Base

should i write down to HM passport office and ask them to make correction in the information stored telling that he knows me ONLY in the capacity that i live in the neighbor hood

i spoke to the referee today and ask him to send correction but he is saying that don't need to do it unless HM passport office ask for it , which they will not as passport is issued , But i feel uncomfortable to be associated with any false information stored on data base

Kindly guide me what is the right way to correct this wrong information

thanks

phospholipid

Re: PASSPORT APPLICATION REFREE DONE MISTAKE

Post by phospholipid » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:02 pm

family friend = friend of your family. Does anyone else know him in your family back home? Even spoke to him? I'd stop worrying either way and let it be..