ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10th class cetificate ( CBSE ) as Age proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinay_sambyal

10th class cetificate ( CBSE ) as Age proof

Post by vinay_sambyal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi All,
I got screwed up. I called them( HSMP office UK) up today.. They said my application is declined as the payment cudnt happen.. i had given them my ABN amro debit card with 3 digit number.. i had asked ABN head branch delhi.. they said my card is master card and will work across world but in the end i got screwed up...

PLease tell me is it rejection and deduct my one chance of applying or my applciation was not processed at all..

They have sent back my documents by a mail.. hoping to get them soon.. Please guide me how do i make payment which should be sure shot mechanism... I dont have Credit card..

Also, this time i dont want to take any risk...
I had sent 10th Degree certficate ( CBSE ) along with notarised copy of Passport. Please let me know if that is enough for age proof??

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:07 pm

If your payment didn't go through, then they didn't review your application, let alone issue a decision (which is not the same as their debiting the fee and then refusing your application after reviewing it).

And re: age, if you don't submit either the birth certificate or the full driving licence, then you should make sure that you have an ironclad, 'exceptional and compelling' reason (such as war or natural disaster) why you're submitting not submitting either of the two main options. Inconvenience, I gather, may not be sufficiently compelling as a reason.

AG

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi,

Go to your real bricks & mortar bank and ask for a foreign bank draft/overseas money order (whatever your bank calls it). You may have to pay a small service fee for this but it's worth it to guarantee that your payment will be processed when you send your application again.

I had the same problem with payment that you did, and I was applying from the US. Banks are just very wary if they see a charge attempt from a foreign country merchant ID, even if you (the customer) have asked that the amount be approved. There's so much risk of credit card/debit card fraud that banks would rather cause inconvenience to customers than approve charges that may cost thousands to reverse.

Having your application returned because the payment was declined does NOT count as rejection. Relax!!!!

I don't know the kind of certificate you are talking about but the rule of thumb is to include in your application ONLY materials that the HO mentions SPECIFICALLY in the HSMP Guidance notes. Extraneous documents are unlikely to help your case, and may even raise doubts in the caseworker's mind.

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm

ball1333 wrote:Hi,

Go to your real bricks & mortar bank and ask for a foreign bank draft/overseas money order (whatever your bank calls it). You may have to pay a small service fee for this but it's worth it to guarantee that your payment will be processed when you send your application again.

I had the same problem with payment that you did, and I was applying from the US. Banks are just very wary if they see a charge attempt from a foreign country merchant ID, even if you (the customer) have asked that the amount be approved. There's so much risk of credit card/debit card fraud that banks would rather cause inconvenience to customers than approve charges that may cost thousands to reverse.

Having your application returned because the payment was declined does NOT count as rejection. Relax!!!!

I don't know the kind of certificate you are talking about but the rule of thumb is to include in your application ONLY materials that the HO mentions SPECIFICALLY in the HSMP Guidance notes. Extraneous documents are unlikely to help your case, and may even raise doubts in the caseworker's mind.
Hi,
Thanks for reply!!! i can sleep now atleast... had been having sleepless nights for last couple of days! I am in India, New Delhi... so will a DD work thr..? I am ready to pay any fee to the bank for this.. atleast thing should work...

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:34 pm

gordon wrote:If your payment didn't go through, then they didn't review your application, let alone issue a decision (which is not the same as their debiting the fee and then refusing your application after reviewing it).

And re: age, if you don't submit either the birth certificate or the full driving licence, then you should make sure that you have an ironclad, 'exceptional and compelling' reason (such as war or natural disaster) why you're submitting not submitting either of the two main options. Inconvenience, I gather, may not be sufficiently compelling as a reason.

AG
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for reply... well, unfortunately i belong to a very remote place in India and where Birth Certificate were never issued... So, sent 10th Claass Degree Certificate which clearly has my Date Of Birth on It and also i am providing notarised copy of passport.

I do have license but that is in Hindi language not in English :(

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:36 pm

Do you think you would be better off getting a certified translation of that driving licence, rather than sending something that doesn't otherwise correspond to any of the potential pieces of evidence that they've indicated would be acceptable ?

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:38 pm

gordon wrote:Do you think you would be better off getting a certified translation of that driving licence, rather than sending something that doesn't otherwise correspond to any of the potential pieces of evidence that they've indicated would be acceptable ?

Gordon,
That makes sense!!! And, can i get that from Transport office from where i got my license issued or i need to goto Notary??

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 pm

vinay_sambyal wrote:That makes sense!!! And, can i get that from Transport office from where i got my license issued or i need to goto Notary??
You need a certified translation from a professional translator, and then you need to have the translation notarized by a notary, then you need to send both the original (in Hindi) and the notarized translation with your HSMP application. I just found a translation service based in New Delhi by using Google:
http://www.iaflindia.com/

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:59 pm

You need a certified translation from a professional translator, and then you need to have the translation notarized by a notary, then you need to send both the original (in Hindi) and the notarized translation with your HSMP application. I just found a translation service based in New Delhi by using Google:
http://www.iaflindia.com/[/quote]

Thanks for reply!!
I will get that done for sure... And, one more thing, as Income proof we have now new ITR1 form and acknowledgement tht gets accepted.. so is this fine..? i hrd some cases were rejected due to ITR1 form..

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:17 pm

vinay_sambyal wrote: And, one more thing, as Income proof we have now new ITR1 form and acknowledgement tht gets accepted.. so is this fine..? i hrd some cases were rejected due to ITR1 form..
I am American so I have no idea what you are talking about. I am sure someone who knows what ITR means will be happy to help.