ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent guidance needed!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jason671
Newly Registered

Urgent guidance needed!

Post by jason671 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:35 am

Hi Guys
Just sent my application through NCS on 17th april 2014 and realised now that i might have done a mistake

i was convicted of driving without insurance in 2007 on my provisional license at that time,don't even remember the date now or month probably july august or september (driving a friends car with him with the L plate with over 3 years of his license but he didnt have insurance(long story not his fault) but i got the blame for it
anyways i was fined something around £250-£300 and 6 points on the license in court,i passed my driving test later but the points stayed on for a while i think until 2011,i was married to an eea national on dec 2007 and i remember on the form applying for a residence card( 5 years ) i declared my conviction but at the time of applying for permanent residence i didn't say yes to any convictions as there was a note in the guidance as for spent convictions so i didn't declare it,and got my permanent residence without any problems
i got my permanent residence in april 2013

problem is i have declared no to any convictions on the form AN
now i read in the post somewhere that u have to declare any spent or unspent conviction,and if you don't then your application might be refused?
this freaks me out a bit as no deception is being involved here,only a matter of not properly reading or understanding the question probably,and not even remembering that i had some conviction until now
is there any way to contact home office and if it is,should i ? shall i write them a letter or email is better?any address?
dilema is due to easter holidays my application is still with royal mail waiting to be delivered..

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent guidance needed!

Post by milan69 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 am

You can always write to them.
You should get your acknowledgment letter within a week or so and there will be address of HO on top as well as your reference number. I suggest you write to them the moment you get the letter as they can assign it to your case since you have your reference. As far as emailing them I am not so sure as I kept getting automated replies every time I emailed them.
I am sometimes wrong.

jason671
Newly Registered

Post by jason671 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:56 am

Thank you milan

any other comments on the above?
what are the chances here guys?

regards
jason

jason671
Newly Registered

Post by jason671 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Any other Gurus's thoughts on the above please?

jason671
Newly Registered

Post by jason671 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Jambo,Amber...
guys any thoughts on the above???

will be much appreciated

regards
jason

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Just write to the Home Office by first class recorded delivery and declare the conviction. Use your acknowledgement reference on any correspondence and keep proof of postage.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jason671
Newly Registered

Post by jason671 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Thank you Amber
What are the chances here though?i just don't want to be rejected by this silly mistake,or put a ban on
I have already emailed them in detail on their email address but the reply is automated I guess,
I will write to them as well like you and Milan69 pointed
Once I receive an acknowledgement letter with reference

Question is,is it gonna be worth it or should i just withdraw the application and make a new one declaring the conviction?

My application is still with Royal Mail to be delivered on Tuesday

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:24 pm

You should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.