ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amit T
Newly Registered

Jobs in UK

Post by Amit T » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:11 pm

Hi All of you there.

I am presently an Indian resident and checking the feasibility of getting a Job in UK. I am a Structural Engineer with 6+ years specialization in design of Chemical Industrial Facilities. My search on the net indicates, there are lots of vacancies in my sector presently in UK.

I beleive there are to ways to access the UK market..
1. Obtain visa under HSMP.
2. Obtain Work permit

For HSMP,
As per the scheme requirement I am in position to obtain 65 points.
However I want to know the ground reality...
1. what is the success rate figures for the applicants
2. any contact data or e-group available on the peoples who have
successfully migrated as per this Scheme
3. Are 65 points sufficient for the success?
4. Are there any agencies assisting in obtaining HSMP visa? Is there any way to know the genuinity of such agencies?

For WP,
Is there any way to obtain it ?

In case you people have any info to share please guid me.

Tanxs in advance...

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:43 pm

WP:
It's difficult, technically impossible. What does it means technically impossible? The rules say if a company wants to sponser ur WP it must first try to get a suitable candidate from within EU and only if it doesn't get any then it sould try to get from other countries.

I'm not aware of Structural Engineer job senario. You said jobs are there, question is whether suitable candidates are available or not? If these jobs are not getting filled with EU candidates then you may stand a chance for WP. You may directly contact the companies and persue ur case.

HSMP:
1) Sucess rate all depends on getting 65 points, providing all evidances for it.
Somewhere in this board i saw figure posted try to search.
2) http://www.immigrationboards.com is all you need for HSMP 8)
3) Tecnhincally yes 65 points are sufficient.
4) You don't need an agency if you case is straightforward.

Last but not the least..
Keep visiting this forum

Cheers
Ajay

Amit T
Newly Registered

Post by Amit T » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:44 pm

Thanks Ajay,

I am really glad to receeive your reply.

For HSMP, You say that technically 65 points are sufficient.

Even on obtaining the same does the approval also depend upon other factors like Local Workforce availability, Individual's achievements in the field etc ie Can they refuse the application on this ground?
( I am lost to fathom what is an Achievement too !!!).

Regarding 65 points, Since the Spouse's graduation can earn 10 additional points, does she has to prove the proficiency in english? since my wife in near to complete her graduation frm a Non-english medium, can I depend on those points?

thanks again

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:39 pm

Even on obtaining the same does the approval also depend upon other factors like Local Workforce availability, Individual's achievements in the field etc ie Can they refuse the application on this ground?
Nope, all you need is the magic 65!

Regarding 65 points, Since the Spouse's graduation can earn 10 additional points, does she has to prove the proficiency in english? since my wife in near to complete her graduation frm a Non-english medium, can I depend on those points?
You dont need to prove english proficiency for your spouse. However note that to claim 10 points you must have been living together for atleast 2 years (married or not).

You also said she is nearing completion. Doesnt that mean you will have to wait until the results are out, and add the time taken to get the degree certificate. It took me a year after completion to obtain my degree certificate in India.

I am not sure they will accept provisional degree certificates issued by the college. Maybe someone else can clarify that.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:12 am

I dont think WP is difficult or impossible. infact i am beginning to think that it is easier than HSMP, it definitely is quicker. you do need to get the job first thats the problem, and with an employer willing to 'sponsor' your application, the whole process of being interviewed and then offered the post is a lot harder is you are based in India, but it has been done b4 so if you can get a company thats will to employ you go for it.
HSMP will take at least 9months at the present rate with the back log i would say someone applying today could be waiting for close to a YEAR. of course if you can get a job offer during the process it might speed it up quite substantially, so my verdict is apply for HSMP if you believe you have the minimum required 65points and while you waiting apply for jobs and either get your HSMP treated as urgent or go for WP

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:54 pm

Amit T wrote: Even on obtaining the same does the approval also depend upon other factors like Local Workforce availability, Individual's achievements in the field etc ie Can they refuse the application on this ground?
You do need to prove those things. You need to send job advertisements that you qualify to, or other proof that there is a market here for your skills. Also you need to show that you have enough funds to support yourself while you look for work. These are all in part 2 of the application, outside of the 65 point requirement.

ayan05

Re: Jobs in UK

Post by ayan05 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:29 am

There are many people entering this country at the moment - I'd stay in India if I was you, as many major companies are investing there and you have more chance of getting a job in telesales in you home country.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 am

This thread is nearly ten years old!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:02 am

ayan05 Please refrain from lovely comments otherwise you'll be banned.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

goodChloe
Newly Registered

Post by goodChloe » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:08 pm

If there is some proble, with finding stable work, you can always try work from home, online jobs or referral programs! The bright example is http://goo.gl/rvxcEb.