ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding claim aginst home office

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nusratshoma
Newly Registered

regarding claim aginst home office

Post by nusratshoma » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Hello,
I have received a letter from the home office yesterday saying that they have made a mistake in their decision, and my file is under reconsideration. When they refused me last 3rd of March they did send my passport and other documents but did not give me back my husband's passport. Now they are saying that they have done a mistake and did hold my husband documents for further checks. More than 2 months has gone, but still i am waiting.
So in this situation can i make any claim against the home office? I am suffering a lot mentally and physically as because im expecting a baby. Please suggest me what I can do.

Thank you
Nusrat.

Amber
Mood:

Re: regarding claim aginst home office

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:44 am

Wait.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:32 am

@ nusratshoma, what is the mistake they made and can you also state your refusal points or full detail of the application.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:25 am

You would need to show loss and steps you've taken to mitigate them. So forget it!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nusratshoma
Newly Registered

Post by nusratshoma » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ nusratshoma, what is the mistake they made and can you also state your refusal points or full detail of the application.
@Olasunkanmi,
I was refused by saying that I needed to show £2000 for my self and £1200 for my dependent all together £3200 in my account. But I did show £2397 in my bank account and my dependent showed £8000 in his bank account (both for 28 days statements from different bank accounts).
Moreover they gave decision on 27th of February 2014 and I received the letter on 3rd of March 2014. The main problem in here is that my visa expired on 28th of February 2014. Just one day before my visa expires;the case worker gave the decision with out any appeal right. Which proves that the case worker did it intentionally.

So after that I made a complain against the decision and got a replay from them in which stated that it was mistake of the case worker and now it has been taken under reconsideration. We always try our best to follow the rules and regulation of the home office and we respect it. We very carefully made the application but when I saw it was refused without any valid reason I was tremendously shocked. We did love marriage here,we could not get married in our home country because we have serious family problem. I have of my mom and dad but other family members are strongly against our relation. Even no body knows about our marriage and my baby. When i got this decision I was so scared, that I could not sleep a single night thinking of upcoming situation. I went to GP to terminate my baby because I thought I may will have to go back without finishing my studies. But my doctor made me understand that it will be harmful for me, moreover she also gave me the strength to go ahead with this special gift of GOD.

Still I am in tension all the time , cannot sleep properly. I have done some Google search and also known from my doctor that if my mental situation will be like this , in future it could affect my baby and his growth. But its totally out of my control. My course will be finish on 31st of October, how come they can give a blind decision like this! I have progress, have full attendance , i am studying hard in-spite of my illness due to pregnancy. Then why i am sufferer??

I will be very grateful to you if you please tell me what best thing to do in this situation.

Thank you.

nusratshoma
Newly Registered

Post by nusratshoma » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:36 am

Wanderer wrote:You would need to show loss and steps you've taken to mitigate them. So forget it!
Dear Wanderer,
If mind is happy so everything feels good, but here I am badly mentally sufferer after getting this decision, i was not allowed to work and asked for not to come for work in-front of other employees,which was very shameful for me, still I cannot sleep properly because of fear and tension, my studies are greatly hampered and the main loss is about my baby because if I am not mentally and physically well it may harm my unborn baby. But this is totally out of my hand. I am trying a lot but this scary felling comes automatically in my mind.
So don't you think that I am in a situation of loss from all side in my life! I am spending thousands of pounds for my studies, my husband paying taxes every month, so why they will be so irresponsible! This is something about someone's life and career and they should know it. They have given a very responsible job which they should fulfill with grate responsibility.

Thank you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:12 am

@ nusratshoma, first of all I will like to say sorry for going through all this. But one important thing which I will like to tell you is that visa is just a mean to an end and you should never let any visa problem get in the way of your health or that of your baby.

Whenever you submit any application and it get refused, the first thing to do is to see if its your own mistake or from HO. Wherever the mistake comes from there is a standard redress procedure (Appeal or JR) where your previous leave continues until after the case is decided. As long as you submit an appeal or JR, you should carry on with your life as normal and do not get depress over any visa issue.

In your case you should have simply apply for JR and then continue your study and HO will definitely realise their mistake during the JR process and your visa will eventually be issued to you.

In conclusion, your visa will be issue to you soon, so continue your life as normal and stop worrying about visa issue as long as you are very sure that you meet all necessary requirement.

nusratshoma
Newly Registered

Post by nusratshoma » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 pm

@olasunkanmi
Thanks for ur concern. I will try my best to continue a normal life. I am so upset and hearing different types of things from various person which made me more confuse.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:13 pm

@ nusratshoma, you need to stop listening to people that give advice which is not true. You can confirm any information you are not sure of from your solicitor if you have one or you can also read through the internet where you can gather lots of correct and useful information.

nusratshoma
Newly Registered

Post by nusratshoma » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Dear Olasukanmi
I am very thankful to you for ur true advices. And from one side I'm thankful to HO that they have accepted their mistake and apologise for that. I'm just praying that they will give their decision soon. I'm trying not to worry about it as because i met their all requirements and my studies are very imp as we'll at this moment.
Thanks once again.