ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of language / life in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tan_123
Newly Registered

Knowledge of language / life in the UK

Post by tan_123 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi,
This is with regards to English test requirement, I cleared the life in the UK test in October, 2012 but I am not sure what to tick on the section 1-22 on the AN form regarding the English requirement.
I am Chartered Accountant from India and suppose to be appear for UK ACA test in June'14.
Can anyone please advise do I have to appear for English test or I am exempted from the test as my CA from India met the requirements?
Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Knowledge of language / life in the UK

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:17 pm

If you met the requirements for EC then that should suffice. Alternatively if you have a degree which is awarded points for qualification and English Skills, a print out of the PBS points calculator should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tan_123
Newly Registered

Post by tan_123 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Amber_ wrote:If you met the requirements for EC then that should suffice. Alternatively if you have a degree which is awarded points for qualification and English Skills, a print out of the PBS points calculator should suffice.
Hi Amber,
Thanks for the reply. I got my ILR based on old style work permit and never thought of checking my CA degree of India.
Can you please guide me how to check whether CA degree of India met the requirement?
Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tan_123
Newly Registered

Post by tan_123 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Amber_ wrote:Use the calculator (click)
Many thanks Amber, my course is in the list.
I just need to attach the print out showing the points for the degree.
Regards.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Yes so far as the degree was awarded 30 points for qualification and 10 points for English skills.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Sorry , just to confirm, My degree is not getting points , but my MASTER degree does get , can I use my Master degree to claim points in PBS and use it ?
Also Using PBS ,Options I selected is
T1 (Highly..) -> T1 (General) -> In country application -> Extending the stay .... Are these selections correct ?

Thanks and regards
Raj

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:52 pm

You can use a bachelors, masters or phd.

salman4uall
Newly Registered

Post by salman4uall » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:45 pm

HI Amber

i am in same situation for my wife, if point system is using then which option to choose in the form

*******************************************************************************************************************************
I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent
level qualification;
OR

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i)
UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification w
as taught or researched in English; or
(ii)
the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking countr
y
(other than Canada);
OR

I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
OR

I met the knowledge of languag
e and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28
******************************************************************************************************************

please help thanks.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Seems PBS Options changed now ?

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

Under T1 (High - Value Migrations) , we are getting T1 General ... :-( ,
My history Workpermit -> T1 -> ILR . Which option should I select now to check my Master degree points for BC please ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Seems PBS Options changed now ?

My history Workpermit -> T1 -> ILR . Which option should I select now to check my Master degree points for BC please ?
The reason is because since April 6th 2015, the home office is no longer accepting Tier 1 General extension applications. You should however be able to select any option in order to establish whether your degree meets the required level.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:04 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:Seems PBS Options changed now ?

The reason is because since April 6th 2015, the home office is no longer accepting Tier 1 General extension applications. You should however be able to select any option in order to establish whether your degree meets the required level.
Thank you.
I am selecting T1 High Value Migrants -> Enterpreneur (?) -> Inside UK.. -> Swithing... -> Answer all FUNDS RELATED Questions (putting YES) , Then it leads to Language , where I get points ... If all those selections are correct or apt for my Immigration history ?
I beleive I need to take scereen shot of page showing points ? (I get 10 points) ..
Am I doing it correct or should I be selecting any other options or printing summary page or something ?
Please advice