ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Divorced Cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alitex07
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa Divorced Cases

Post by alitex07 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 am

Hi
My colleague was married to a UK National girl back in 1999 in Pakistan and on dependent Visa arrived in the UK in May 2000. Soon after the marriage differences sprung up between the two and after 4 years the male (from Pakistan) filed a case of Domestic Violence. The Islamic Divorce occurred between the two in 2005 and in 2007 Court verdict came against the my colleague and was advised to leave the UK immediately. Its pertinent to mention that no English Divorce has yet been obtained from either sides and he has been going for signing and is being issued a month long visa. He has recently been married to another UK national girl and now looking to apply for ILR. My Question is: Is there any chance or a route he could get Indefinite leave and get rid of these signing off procedures?

Looking forward for an early response

Regards