ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration to Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RyanBeelders
Newly Registered

Immigration to Canada

Post by RyanBeelders » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi all,

In the next 18months (November 2015), I plan to Immigrate to Canada from the UK. I am originally from South Africa, but obtain my British passport in the next 4 months (Aug 2014).

I am an Accountant by trade with a B.Compt Honours degree (5 years university) , with 13 years work experience in my field. I have 5 years South African work experience and 8 years UK work experience. I am also studying towards my CIMA qualification.

My partner (fiance), is from Canada and we have been together for about 26 months, however, we have only been living at the same address for the past 8 months, so the Common law partner/spouse visa might not be an option for us just yet. She plans to move back to Canada next year June (2015) because she is a teacher and needs to get into the Education system for the September 2015 school year. We plan to get married next year August (2015).

On the points calculator for a work permit I score well over the required 67 points to obtain a work permit. Adaptability would not be an issue as I have family and friends in Canada as well as my partner being from Canada. Age is not an issue either as I score maximum points (10) for falling in the 21-49 year old category.

Can anyone advise me on which option to persue and processing times for the visas or should I contact the Canadian Embassy in London?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ryan