ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling to EU

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

islamabad
Newly Registered

travelling to EU

Post by islamabad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:26 pm

please give me advice , I have ILR from uk. my partner(we are not married) and our 8 year old child have latvian passport.me and my partner registered our childs birth in latvian embassy on her birth as well , i am living with my partner from last 10 year togeather in uk. my question is that can i travel with my partner and child to france, italy, or latvia together without me having visa for those countries? i do not have EU family member visa or card. thanks

peppekalle

Re: travelling to EU

Post by peppekalle » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Your passport determines whether you will need a visa or not.Check with the embassy concerned whether you will need a visa http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 80103.html

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 pm

No. You will need visa as EU countries do not recognize ILR issued under uk immigration rules for the purpose of free entry.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:20 pm

What is your citizenship? That will answer the question concretely for each country you want to visit.

islamabad
Newly Registered

Post by islamabad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:37 am

islamabad wrote:please give me advice , I have ILR from uk. my nationality is pakistani. my partner(we are not married) and our 8 year old child have latvian passport.me and my partner registered our childs birth in latvian embassy on her birth as well , i am living with my partner from last 10 year togeather in uk. my question is that can i travel with my partner and child to france, italy, or latvia together without me having visa for those countries? i do not have EU family member visa or card. thanks

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:07 pm

if you are married to eu citizen your visa should be issued free of charge as family member of eu citizen as you both are travelling together no hotel booking etc required.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>