ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP : Permanent residence card or ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bussie1474
Newly Registered

HELP : Permanent residence card or ILR

Post by bussie1474 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:03 pm

I have been married for 3 weeks short of 5 years. I was on a entry clearance for 6 months, 1 year on a family member of an A8 national on the Workers Registration Scheme and have currently Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National. This is valid till 17 Jan 2016.

Can I apply for a Permanent Residence Card or Indefinite Leave to Remain when we have been married for 5 years then?

I have been in the UK since Dec 2003 so I can apply on the basis of 10 years in the UK...

Which will be the best option? 5 years married or 10 years in the UK? I have a child as well but she has an EU passport.

All and any help will be greatly appreciated

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: HELP : Permanent residence card or ILR

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm

if you applying under eu law five years residence in uk required. and ITS PR .
IF YOU WANT TO APPLY under uk law than it will be ilr
you have to thoroughly check what are requirement fr 10 years rule if you qualify under that you can apply for ilr but fee it too high for that.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>