ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is a GAP in a long residency please need help urgent!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bigboy86

what is a GAP in a long residency please need help urgent!!!

Post by Bigboy86 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 pm

hi gurus
just wanted to ask that what is this actual gap is in a long residency

1) is it the time gap between when you apply and when the HO makes the decision i.e does the time the home office takes to make the decision counts as a gap if they are deciding after your current leave expires, but you applied before the leave expired.

2) is it the only time which HO gives in order to send the documents or new application back to them. i.e for e.g if the home office send a refusal or needs more documents then, the time you take to prepare all the documents until you send them

i have read the section 3C and 3D but it does't clear this point.

would really appreciate you guys help

sagareva
BANNED

Re: what is a GAP in a long residency please need help urgen

Post by sagareva » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:20 am

when you have a 3c l;eave, eg while application is being considered, it isnot a gap

if you have a refusal letter, gap starts from the moment deadline for the filing of appeal runs out (10 days) , if you file appeal, 3c leave continues - no gap

if you do not appeal, appeal not allowed, etc, starts a gap in residency.

however gaps 28 days or less are currently disregarded, so if during those 28 days you filed a new application which was subsequently approved and resulted in a new leave = no problem