ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit - Child is flying abroad

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrproblem

Child Benefit - Child is flying abroad

Post by mrproblem » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Hello few questions about Child Benefit

Child is planning to fly abroad and stay sometime with grand parents. If the parent is still in UK and supporting child financially (sending money from UK to grand parents), Are we ok to claim child benefit.

How long they can be away?

Also I know that legally we have to send the kid to School when they are in UK, but if we are planning to send the kid to School in India, do we need to inform this to anyone. Child is British passport holder. Do we need to inform the Council about this arrangement. Because the parent will be paying for the school in India, can we still claim Child benefit.

Please confirm

Amber
Mood:

Re: Child Benefit - Child is flying abroad

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm

If the child goes abroad but you stay in Great Britain, you can usually only get Child Benefit for up to 12 weeks, unless certain exceptions apply. None of which appear present in your statement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 am

Amber_ wrote:If the child goes abroad but you stay in Great Britain, you can usually only get Child Benefit for up to 12 weeks, unless certain exceptions apply. None of which appear present in your statement.
Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply. Yes, child is abroad and parent will be in UK. So it is only 12 weeks and after that we cannot. Is that right?

What about schools? Can they study abroad?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:39 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.