ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

odat
Jordan

what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by odat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:31 pm

I have been granted Discretionary Leave refusal asylum for 3 yr start 15/02/2011 and expire 14/02/2014 I did fill and send application form DL in 14/01/2014
granted Discretionary Leave refusal asylum because I was live with my partner she is British citizen and now we are marred

i have a4 paper print on it immigration status document ASL.2151 and sticker RESIDENCE PERMIT limited leave to remain in the uk valid until 14/feb/2014

i come to the uk student 08/2009 and then i meet my partner she is british. in march 2010 we start live together in jun/2010 she is my wife now

in 16/12/2010 i did claim asylum

15/feb/2011 received letter uk border agency says my asylum claim has been refused as it has been decided that your removal from the united kingdom would not be in breach of the 1951 convention relating to the status of the refugees.

however it has been decided to exercise discretion in your favour and you have been granted limited leave to remain in accordance with published home office asylum police instruction on discretionary leave until 14 february 2014

and there is section on the letter about travel abroad

you may travel out of the common travel area any number of time during the validity of the leave you have been granted. the common travel area comprises the united kingdom, the channel islands, the isle of man and the republic of Ireland . on your return, you will be re-admitted to the united kingdom without having to obtain fresh leave to enter unless.

1- you have been absent from the united kingdom for a continuous period of more then tow years, or

2- you are seeking admission for different purpose from the one for which this leave has been granted

nevertheless, an immigration officer or secretary of state may carry out an investigation into your circumstances upon your return to the united kingdom, in order to determine whether or not the leave you have been granted should be varied or cancelled

the letter called (ICD2155A) and other one called asl.2941

send application form DL in 14/01/2014

in 28/01/2014 received letter from home office they enclosed documents which I submitted as part of my application and they have noted their contents and now they able to return them to me
the documents is my marriage certificate and birth certificate and the P60

so my Questions

2- a recording to the letter im not allowed to travel abroad but they didn't say why?!!!

3-what is the processing times for the DL form or average ?

thank you

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by africangirl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 pm

hi

I have the same situation as yours and I have been waiting for my reply I sent my renewal for DL in January and I only got a letter returning my evidence.

I have not heard anything from h/o and I am so worried since some people are getting replies within 2-4 weeks.

hope you will get a reply soon

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 am

africangirl wrote:hi

I have the same situation as yours and I have been waiting for my reply I sent my renewal for DL in January and I only got a letter returning my evidence.

I have not heard anything from h/o and I am so worried since some people are getting replies within 2-4 weeks.

hope you will get a reply soon
thank you for your reply please if you heard anything from HO just update here as im still waiting

the letter I received from HO in 28/01/2014 the address from Liverpool
OLCU 21 ADMIN TEAM 2
PO BOX 360
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi

I got the same letter from Liverpool on the 20th January .

since then I have not yet heard anything.

is there a phone number to call them or we are not allowed to call just wait please anyone who knows help with advice.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi

some people have received their reply within 2-4 weeks and I am getting worried.

anyone in the same situation or who had applied for DL extension and got a reply please advice

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:30 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi

some people have received their reply within 2-4 weeks and I am getting worried.

anyone in the same situation or who had applied for DL extension and got a reply please advice
i don't think there is number but is best to send letter to the Liverpool that i will do next week

you said there is some people get reply in 2 -4 week is they are in same situation (refuse asylum granted Discretionary Leave )?

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Yes they are in same situation as us and they have been refused asylum.

if you get any reply from the letter you want to write to Liverpool please keep me posted.

I will wait and see if I don't get any reply by April then I will try to find a lawyer and seek advice or call home office if I find the right number that they will answer.

also are we allowed to work whilst we are still waiting for reply and what do we show as evidence that we still waiting for h/o decision.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:45 pm

africangirl wrote:Yes they are in same situation as us and they have been refused asylum.

if you get any reply from the letter you want to write to Liverpool please keep me posted.

I will wait and see if I don't get any reply by April then I will try to find a lawyer and seek advice or call home office if I find the right number that they will answer.

also are we allowed to work whilst we are still waiting for reply and what do we show as evidence that we still waiting for h/o decision.

is the people you know they get reply and they granted other 3 years Discretionary Leave or ILR
recording to the Discretionary Leave policy who received 3 years Discretionary Leave before 20/July/2011 we should granted ILR

and I have problem with work I want to change my work but every time I apply for new job they ask me to the original documents

I will update if there any news

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi

Me too I was offered a job last week and they need paperwork and I really need this job but I don't know what to tell them because employers do not take word of mouth they need to see evidence that you are allowed to work.

please people is there anyone who know if we are allowed to work whilst still waiting for home office reply .

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:39 pm

the OLCU is giving ILR, As of the 31 December 2013; 5,303 people who had cases in the OLCU cohort were
granted ILR.
As of the 31 December 2013; 5,609 people who had cases in the OLCU cohort were
granted Discretionary Leave.
and about the timeline they saying
Each case is dealt with on its own merits and there is no specific time frame in which a
case is considered/concluded, it would depend on a number of factors e.g. if further
information was required.

webiste is :
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 6.pdf.html

i'm still waiting I haven't heard anything yet

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 pm

me too still waiting I hope something comes up this month and I just started a new job but they have not yet asked for my passport and paperwork yet.

hope it all goes well soon.....

keep me posted

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:46 am

africangirl wrote:me too still waiting I hope something comes up this month and I just started a new job but they have not yet asked for my passport and paperwork yet.

hope it all goes well soon.....

keep me posted
I start new job yesterday we still haven't talk about the paperwork but I did phone the home office and they said im allowed to work I have same right and I ask them is there update about my application they said still process

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:13 pm

hi

please can you give me the number you called the home office I need to call as well so I can ask about my application progress too.

hope we all get our papers soon fingers crossed

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:29 pm

africangirl wrote:hi

please can you give me the number you called the home office I need to call as well so I can ask about my application progress too.

hope we all get our papers soon fingers crossed
the number is 03001232241 some time you need to try ring the number more then ones because they are busy

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am

just quick update
I have send letter to Liverpool in 14/04/2014 ask about any update on my case and i waiting for their response

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 am

hi

I called the home office they said my case is still in process and said that normally those cases which are easy only takes about 4-8 weeks which means mine is complicated now its been more than 8 weeks.

about working they said we are allowed to work.

let me know when you get a reply from Liverpool.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 am

how come your is complicated ? and what about me is complicated to? I don't think so because my circumstance never changed and I had my crb check for new job in 2 month ago my record is clean but I think 4 to 8 week for people who apply FLR O form

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:53 am

I am not sure why mine is complicated the guy who answered the phone just said most of the cases takes about 4-8 weeks only complicated cases will take more than that. So i am not sure if he was saying mine was complicated because my situation is still the same.

Have you heard anything from Liverpool yet.

I am still waiting .

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 am

i haven't heard anything back yet I don't think its about the complicated
I read many cases in the internet and most cases was take about 5 to 6 month

and I don't know if you notes the DL form has been change there is new version they change the address to Liverpool now all application mast be send to Liverpool who apply over 18 of age and under 18 of age application mast be send to cardiff

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:32 pm

So if the address has changed we did sent our forms to Croydon is there a problem with that or that's the reason its taking long.

I wonder if there is someone in the same situation as us.

please anyone in the same situation help with infor.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:04 pm

that is not problem before people was send the forms to Croydon and Croydon forward to Liverpool now is much easy for the home office and new people who submit there application ands is not matter for us if the change the application or the Rules we still in old Rules

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:38 pm

OK , so i hope we not going be waiting for months and months with no answer there is a lady with the same situation as mine got her decision after 6 weeks only now i am getting worried why mine is taking long. Its been 3 months now but by end of May i will give them a call again.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:54 pm

i hope we not will waiting to long because i seen people waiting Since 2007

i will contact my MP if i haven't heard anything back within 2 week

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 am

Hi

Hope we do not wait for years to get our extension and i will also contact a lawyer if they do not reply by June so that i will see if there is anything i can do.

I know UKBA takes time to make decisions but sometimes they need to be pushed.

Please let me know when you hear anything.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi

Hope we do not wait for years to get our extension and i will also contact a lawyer if they do not reply by June so that i will see if there is anything i can do.

I know UKBA takes time to make decisions but sometimes they need to be pushed.

Please let me know when you hear anything.
I phone them today Again and they said still process and they told me the best to send letter to the address on the confirmation letter i received
I don't think we will wait more then 6 month
I would like to ask you what is the exactly date you submit you application and what the date you received the letter from HO

mine I submit 14/01/2014 and the letter date I received 28/01/2014 so they take them 14 normal days to reply and (10 working days)