ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter form home office about absences out of uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moon_Khan

Letter form home office about absences out of uk

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi All,

I received a letter from HO regarding my absence from UK during 5 years
Now they want to provide from my present and previous employer a latter about absences.
I applied for ILR on tier 1 general bases by post in December 2013
I came to uk in feb 2009.
My employment history below.
1) i started working for Recruitment agency in one of warehouse from April 2009-September 2013, during this period i was working like that work one week and then off 2 weeks some time a 1 month because they called me whenever they need if they didn't need me then i was jobless,but this employer is not providing me any letter.
Then I was jobless from october2010-january20111 but i have no evidence to prove this.

2)Then i started working for another company from period feb 2011-october 2013,during this period i went out of uk 2 times,
first time i went 25 days unpaid holidays in January 2012 and then 32 days( 3 weeks paid and remaining unpaid) in November 2012, so total 57 days

3)Then i started for another company which is my present employer from November 2013 and still working there and never went out of uk.

So My total absence 57 days in 5 years.

Please help me anyone.
Amber please give some advice

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Re: Letter form home office about absences out of uk

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Do you have any wage slips still for that period showing paid leave?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Amber_ wrote:Do you have any wage slips still for that period showing paid leave?
Thanks Amber for your reply.

1)in my first employment i was working as temporary worker and never got paid holiday during this period.

2) in second employment in which i went out side of UK first time in January 2012 25 days(unpaid)so no pay slip and second time when i went in november 2013 32 days, 3 weeks paid leave i got pay slip for this period and 2 weeks upaid so no pay slip.

Please reply

Sarfi

Post by Sarfi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Moon,
Sad; normally Tier 1 cases don't require to give proof/evidence for absence<180 days unless until they are due to compelling or compassionate reason. What reason did you fill in SET O forms submitted? It looks your reason demands proof.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Whatever letter you can arrange should do and write a covering letter explaining otehrs. I can recall a case where absence letter was requested and after submission of proof ILR was granted.

Just my two cents, I think you number of hoilidays are quite less, and It's less probable that they will reject as this could open retrospective rules Pandora box.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Sarfi wrote:Hi Moon,
Sad; normally Tier 1 cases don't require to give proof/evidence for absence<180 days unless until they are due to compelling or compassionate reason. What reason did you fill in SET O forms submitted? It looks your reason demands proof.
Hi Safi,
I just mention in my set o form that i went for family visit(57 days in whole 5 years).
yes tier 1 does not require any proof unless > 180 days.
But know they require supporting documents to prove that.
i can do just only to write a covering letter to explain it.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm

madhumesh wrote:Whatever letter you can arrange should do and write a covering letter explaining otehrs. I can recall a case where absence letter was requested and after submission of proof ILR was granted.

Just my two cents, I think you number of hoilidays are quite less, and It's less probable that they will reject as this could open retrospective rules Pandora box.

Hi Madhumesh,

I am thinking the same to write a covering letter and provide a letter 3 years employer references,will they except the scanned letter of my previous employer if previous one send it by email and i will make a print out of that.

thanks for your help

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm

madhumesh wrote:Whatever letter you can arrange should do and write a covering letter explaining otehrs. I can recall a case where absence letter was requested and after submission of proof ILR was granted.

Hi Madhumesh,

I am thinking the same to write a covering letter and provide a letter 3 years employer references,will they except the scanned letter of my previous employer if previous one send it by email and i will make a print out of that.

thanks for your help

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:46 am

Any please can advice.

Amber please

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 am

I think it is completely unreasonable to expect people to give letters for any absences. Especially historical ones from years ago. It's a very stupid rule and one that is seldom enforced. If you had applied at a PEO it wouldn't have been questioned. Just write a letter back explaining that you were employed when you went on your annual holiday and that since it is so long ago you don't have a letter and your employer can't/won't give you a letter (if indeed they won't). Supply a wage slip for around that period to show you were employed.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 am

I think you need to provide evidence that you have tried to get letter from previous employer.. For eg. You can send them an email and provide a print out .. Or you can send them a letter and cc it to ukba.

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

Or you can send employer a letter.. And provide a copy to ukba .. If the emplyer says tht u were emplyed at the time of absence but they dont have exact records.. Of absence dates even Then that will be evidence enough that you have tried to get letter from them.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Amber_ wrote:I think it is completely unreasonable to expect people to give letters for any absences. Especially historical ones from years ago. It's a very stupid rule and one that is seldom enforced. If you had applied at a PEO it wouldn't have been questioned. Just write a letter back explaining that you were employed when you went on your annual holiday and that since it is so long ago you don't have a letter and your employer can't/won't give you a letter (if indeed they won't). Supply a wage slip for around that period to show you were employed.

Thanks all

Amber please just clarify that I need to justify only the days when I was out of the during 5 years i-e 57 and show the pay slip around those period I mean before and after those holidays.
Do I need to explain my unemployment time during 5 years although I was in the country.
Thanks

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Moon_Khan wrote:Hi All,

I received a letter from HO regarding my absence from UK during 5 years
Now they want to provide from my present and previous employer a latter about absences.
As far as I know, On this forum, no one was ever asked about absences letter provided their absences are less than 180/year. This is the first case I have seen on this forum.
I applied for ILR on tier 1 general bases by post in December 2013
I came to uk in feb 2009.
My employment history below.
1) i started working for Recruitment agency in one of warehouse from April 2009-September 2013, during this period i was working like that work one week and then off 2 weeks some time a 1 month because they called me whenever they need if they didn't need me then i was jobless,but this employer is not providing me any letter.
Then I was jobless from october2010-january20111 but i have no evidence to prove this.
You don't have to provide any proof for this as you were physically present within UK. You only need letters if you were not physically inside UK.

2)Then i started working for another company from period feb 2011-october 2013,during this period i went out of uk 2 times,
first time i went 25 days unpaid holidays in January 2012 and then 32 days( 3 weeks paid and remaining unpaid) in November 2012, so total 57 days

3)Then i started for another company which is my present employer from November 2013 and still working there and never went out of uk.

So My total absence 57 days in 5 years.
Just drop an email to your employer saying you need this letter as per UKBA requirements. If they don't reply, just write a covering letter about it and include the email print out.

Please help me anyone.
Amber please give some advice

Regards
Best of luck
Do I need to explain my unemployment time during 5 years although I was in the country.
Nope.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi UkBAlovestory,

Thanks for you reply.
I know its unusual to that they are asking for employer letter,if my previous employer send letter to through email,home office will accept it as they say send original documents not copy,
Regards

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Moon_Khan wrote:Hi UkBAlovestory,

Thanks for you reply.
I know its unusual to that they are asking for employer letter,if my previous employer send letter to through email,home office will accept it as they say send original documents not copy,
Regards
That I can't answer (No one over here can). But I am confident that if you write a cover letter and mention all you details along with email print outs you should be fine.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks UKBALOVESTORY

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi All

As you know I received a letter about my absences from uk I manged a letter from my employer about those absences,
No I have a doubt,I am quoting exact words in a letter
1: A letter from your employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with employment ,including periods of annual leave throughout your 5 years qualifying period"
Now my question is I need to explain only paid leave and unpaid leave during the time when I was I out of uk or still I need to give full detail of annual leave throughout 5 year although I was in the uk.
My 2nd question home office said you need to provide these document within 14 days,it's working days or include weekend and bank holidays as well?

Thanks

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Amber please can you reply....

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Anyone have any advice .....
I am waiting Amber please..

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Make the letter as detailed as possible and get it send in by first class recorded delivery, keep proof of postage.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi Amber,
Thanks for your reply, yes I am sending it by first class recorder by tomorrow.

The point is not calear to me about any absences connection with employment,including period of annual leave through out 5 years.
I went abroad in 2012 total 62 days including weekend which consists of 26 unpaid and 18 Paid holidays,I can justify these but in 2010 and 2011 I was in the country but have no proper employment,I mean I need any explanation to them.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm

No.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks Amber

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat May 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi,

Stressful time,I have not heared back from home office they asked me to provide further documents for my absences.its now 3 weeks that I provided additional documents,I applied for ILR in dec2013 using set o,anyone have any idea how long it will take?