ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On spouse visa,husband cheated, getting divorce b4 visa ends

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bubblygirl
Newly Registered

On spouse visa,husband cheated, getting divorce b4 visa ends

Post by Bubblygirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 am

Hi guys,

I am on spouse visa. I got married to my british husband last october 2011. Went to england for a family visit july 2012. Had the happiest six months ever. Never even thought that my husband will cheat on me. Went home december 2012. Applied for spouse visa february and got the visa May. Went back to England august 2013 & discovered that my husband has been cheating to me since March 2013 when i was still back home in the Philippines. Tried to sort things out but he was so obsess with this woman. Left me after just two weeks of being in england and gave me £20.00 and no other help at all. Got a job august which was really God sent as i don't know what to do. Last contact was december 2013 and i have learned that he has impregnated the mistress.

I am working, paying my national insurance number and tax and have done nothing or any criminal offence. I have been a very good citizen in England. Now of course i am not closing my self in marriage one day. I am dating someone and he has mentioned getting married in the future of course after i get divorce. How will that go? Am i still allowed to come back here in England and get married here? There is no divorce in the Philippines. They only do annulment which takes forever. I want to know if i get divorce here what are the chances of me getting back and getting married here say my boyfriend put me on a fiancee visa. And also we were never married here, but i have read somewhere that i can divorce my husband as long as he is a resident of this country. And how quickly can i get my divorce done. I am trying to save cos i know it is me who will be paying and not him, any idea on the cost? And after i get divorce do i need to go home straight away? Would i be considered an over stayer after divorce? Please do help me, i still think about my husband though but i think he is never coming back. It is hard not to think of the person whom you thought will be with you forever but then betrayed you because of lust and boredom of waiting for me to get back. Or he was just tempted to do so.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: On spouse visa,husband cheated, getting divorce b4 visa

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:04 am

You are an overstayer now.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 am

Did you suffer domestic abuse, arguably yes, Financial abuse. If so then you may be able to settle under:

SET(DV) (click) if you have not already discussed the abuse with your GP you should do this now.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Bubblygirl
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblygirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Wanderer wrote:You are an overstayer now.

So you mean i need to go home and not do anything about my rights? He is the one who treated me like shit. Can you provide any details?

Bubblygirl
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblygirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Amber_ wrote:Did you suffer domestic abuse, arguably yes, Financial abuse. If so then you may be able to settle under:

SET(DV) (click) if you have not already discussed the abuse with your GP you should do this now.
Yes financial abuse definitely. How can you consider domestic abuse? Like emotional? Cos i bloody suffered a lot. Is there any way i can stay though? I mean the person above said that i am now considered as an over stayer. I mean i am not yet divorced with him. And we are still married, i am still his spouse. Still his family. Please give me more details. Asking for a solicitors advise will cost me thousands. I barely got enough for myself and could not afford to spend for a solicitor :(

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Get a supporting letter from your GP detailing how you have suffered severe financial and emotional domestic abuse and for how long. Then apply for SET(DV) to settle in the UK. You should be able to this for free if you select waive few due to destitution. Get the GP to state you are destitute if you are.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Bubblygirl
Newly Registered

Post by Bubblygirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Amber_ wrote:Get a supporting letter from your GP detailing how you have suffered severe financial and emotional domestic abuse and for how long. Then apply for SET(DV) to settle in the UK. You should be able to this for free if you select waive few due to destitution. Get the GP to state you are destitute if you are.
Say if i do this is there always a guarantee of them approving it? What will happen to my marriage if i am already under this kind of visa and in the link that you gave me they need at least two document proving that i am and have suffered domestic violence. Also i am working now but i can't afford to pay a thousand pounds. I think the total amount including the £20 that he gave me was £ 80.00 i think. After that it was hell for me. Have you ever known someone who was in the same situation like me? I am reallt scared aboutthe immigration cos you see i was here to live and be a wife to my husband. Now i tried working, as i just want to live life and try to forget. I am so confuse :(

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Then go to your local women's support service and explain your abuse and ask them to write a letter and state destitution. You should be able to get it if you supply the evidence. I know people who have had successful SET(DV) applications in similar circumstances.

Further questions should be directed to Southall Black Sisters (click).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Changed my mind...
Last edited by Wanderer on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 pm

That was me ranting, sorry! ^

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Hah!

I see that it is also an abuse if you not help her financially well
and this may lead to her emotionally feeling bad << considered as DV.

meaning the husband goes to prison / court for that?
so simple huh!!

I know somebody who is not supporting his misses financially that well
and she is considering this DV path but they are not divorced !

She would not dare to divorce him due to family implication back home.
Not sure if this would be a possibility for her...

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:12 pm

This thread is 2 years old!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

beautifulsoul
Newly Registered

Post by beautifulsoul » Sun May 21, 2017 1:11 am

Hi Bubly girl,

I need to get in touch with you please.

Thank you

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 am

beautifulsoul wrote:Hi Bubly girl,

I need to get in touch with you please.

Thank you
This thread is now over 3 years old! Bubblygirl only posted 4 times and hasn't visited the forum since Apr 23 2014 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.