ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4, ACCA and Indefinite leave

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wenwen
Newly Registered

Tier 4, ACCA and Indefinite leave

Post by wenwen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi there,

The duration that I have stayed in the UK will be 10 years in Jan 2016.

I am currently studying my final year in my university, and it is the 4th year of my university as I did a year of placement last year. Even though the length of stay for higher education is 5 years, I was told by the LSBF that they could sponsor a Tier 4 visa for my first year full time ACCA course (from August 2014), and I could support the 2nd year of the course through my indefinite leave. As their visa sponsorship would not show a completion of my 2 years ACCA study, would I still be granted for a visa? Also, can I apply for indefinite leave under continuous Tier 4 sponsorship?

Thank you for your help in advance!

shaq1

Re: Tier 4, ACCA and Indefinite leave

Post by shaq1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:52 pm

What is the duration of your course according to your CAS?

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Last edited by wenwen on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:31 pm

shaq1 wrote:What is the duration of your course according to your CAS?

Hi Shaq 1, they haven't issued me a CAS letter yet, but they told me they could only issue a year visa due to the 5 years higher education policy.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 am

I was actually asking about your current course. What is the duration according to your CAS.
Also if LSBF is issuing CAS for one year what will be the level of the course? If it is just the first year isn't it like all the fundamental modules at that time?

Kingz84

Post by Kingz84 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi Wen

Did you get any exexmptions? And how many papers will you be doing with lsbf? Isit 6 papers?

Thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 am

@ wenwen,
As their visa sponsorship would not show a completion of my 2 years ACCA study, would I still be granted for a visa?
The school is very likely to issue you a CAS letter for only 1year of your ACCA programme because if they issue a CAS letter more than 1year, your visa is very likely to be refused. But you will get the visa if the CAS letter is for 1year since you only have 1year left in your 5years undergraduate period.
Also, can I apply for indefinite leave under continuous Tier 4 sponsorship?
Yes you can apply for ILR if you have spend 10yrs legally in UK on student visa.
In your situation, you stated that you will be due for ILR by Jan 2016, so my advice will be that you submit your extension by Aug 2014 and you are likely to get visa until Sept/Oct 2015 by which time you need just 4months to apply for ILR.

You should then apply for either ACCA extension again if you get a CAS letter or you can apply for FLR(O) on the basis of the need for more time to complete your ACCA, the application might then be refused but you should then appeal and before your hearing date, you should have clock 10yrs, so you should then withdraw your appeal and then submit another application for your ILR.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:30 pm

shaq1 wrote:I was actually asking about your current course. What is the duration according to your CAS.
Also if LSBF is issuing CAS for one year what will be the level of the course? If it is just the first year isn't it like all the fundamental modules at that time?
Hi Shaq 1,

The duration of my current course stated on the CAS letter is 13 June 2014, and my visa expire in 13 Oct 2014. I have got an exemption for my F1 paper, and I am going to take my F2 exam in June, so my level of the course in CAS when I apply in August will be Level 7.

Thank you.

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Kingz84 wrote:Hi Wen

Did you get any exexmptions? And how many papers will you be doing with lsbf? Isit 6 papers?

Thanks

Hi Kingz,

I have got 1 exemption of the F1 paper, and I am going to take F2 exam in this June before renewing my visa. I will then complete the rest of 12 papers with LSBF in the following 2 years.

Thank you!

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:46 pm

The school is very likely to issue you a CAS letter for only 1year of your ACCA programme because if they issue a CAS letter more than 1year, your visa is very likely to be refused. But you will get the visa if the CAS letter is for 1year since you only have 1year left in your 5years undergraduate period.
@ Olasunkanmi,
Thank you for your message. I am wondering as the duration of the course is 2 years, the government will immediately notice the 1 year visa sponsorship from the school would not allow me to complete the course. Although the I could support my 2nd year of study with my indefinite, the visa application would not show my going-to-be indefinite status. In such case, would my visa application be rejected as there isn't sufficient time for my study given in my visa. Also, should I contact the ACCA board to get an exemption to study in the UK, will that makes things easier?

Much obliged!

Kingz84

Post by Kingz84 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi Wenwen

I dont know many papers you can do in 1 year would be like 3 to 4 papers per semester and if you get cas for 1 year there would be like 2 semesters. You say you have done a 4 year degree would you be awarded more then 1 exemption? If you can get more exemptions it would lesson the time and enable you to complete the acca qualification. As you are doing 12 papers f3 to optional papers you will need more time. You will get Cas but I dont know what the ukvi will see or how they validate apps on their side.

Thanks

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Kingz,

Thank you for you help. I called the UKBA today and the person who talked to me said he couldn't give me an answer and it will left for the discussion when I apply. I will see how it goes and finger cross! many thanks :)

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 am

@ wenwen, the school will have to indicate the no of papers which you are likely to complete within the remaining year of your undergraduate study.

Its not compulsory that they have to include all the whole ACCA papers on your CAS letter because not everybody who start the ACCA programme actually complete it. So its allowed to submit your visa application for the few papers that you can complete within the period required under the rule.

wenwen
Newly Registered

Post by wenwen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ wenwen, the school will have to indicate the no of papers which you are likely to complete within the remaining year of your undergraduate study.

Its not compulsory that they have to include all the whole ACCA papers on your CAS letter because not everybody who start the ACCA programme actually complete it. So its allowed to submit your visa application for the few papers that you can complete within the period required under the rule.
@Olasunkanmi, Much appreciated for your advice. Your advice has led me to gain more knowledge on how the school could issue my CAS in August. I am going to contact them to find out their approach of my visa renewal. Many thanks!

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 am

@ imranahmed3651, try to start a different thread rather than asking your question on a different post.