ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused residence for my husband

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lorawally
Newly Registered

refused residence for my husband

Post by lorawally » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 pm

i moved in uk 2009 i had right to stay and was and still getting money from my country,i got married my husband in 2012 and moved here .he is fro non eu but he work since he came he got permanent contract , in work .but what we will do now,they say bec im not exersizing threaty rights .true but im sich suffer with severe dipression since 2002. what can he do so we stay family .cant move bec his country and mine no work and son in school need stability

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: refused residence for my husband

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:02 am

Have you ever worked in the UK? What about studying? Of course you would still claim that you are self-sufficient (if you have enough money in the bank - although there isn't a specified amount for this), this would require you to have comprehensive medical insurance though.

If you are not doing one of the above, unfortunately, you are not exercising treaty rights and your husband will not be eligible to stay in the UK. I'd advise you to try to get a part-time job. At least that would prove that you are exercising treaty rights.

Remember the Home Office doesn't care what he is doing. It all depends on you. If you're not exercising treaty rights, he won't get residence rights.

lorawally
Newly Registered

Post by lorawally » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:20 pm

I amm from malta

lorawally
Newly Registered

Post by lorawally » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 am

i am paying comprehensive health ins also.and still have to work ? i have son hes 9 but has adhd.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:38 am

lorawally wrote:i am paying comprehensive health ins also.and still have to work ? i have son hes 9 but has adhd.

You said you are self sufficient with comprehensive sickness insurance. what documents you send to UKBA ?
I think your husband applied as family member of a self sufficient EEA national ( you )

if you can prove that you have enough savings in your Bank account or You are dependent on your husband income + insurance then i believe UKBA was wrong to refuse him residence

Can you please post the exactly what UKBA wrote in the letter
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

lorawally
Newly Registered

Post by lorawally » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

when we applied last he had agency job,he is permanent now in same place,we was told to do comprehensive health in surance for all we have ,just they say im not exersizing threaty rights? bec i dont work.i suffer shcizo phenomia. im afraid if i work i loose all my money from my country.apart from its illegal .my child suffer adhd and need help which we dont find in tunis especially if you dont have work and money.bec no jobs. we feed his parents also and family when no money bec of poverty how we go and loose all? im crying and desperate.
i told them that i get money from my country which is 360 pound every 4 week.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

lorawally wrote:when we applied last he had agency job,he is permanent now in same place,we was told to do comprehensive health in surance for all we have ,just they say im not exersizing threaty rights? bec i dont work.i suffer shcizo phenomia. im afraid if i work i loose all my money from my country.apart from its illegal .my child suffer adhd and need help which we dont find in tunis especially if you dont have work and money.bec no jobs. we feed his parents also and family when no money bec of poverty how we go and loose all? im crying and desperate.
i told them that i get money from my country which is 360 pound every 4 week.
You get £360 every week from your country + your husband working in the UK so you are exercising treaty right in the UK as self sufficient EEA national

Can you please post exact wording UKBA used to refuse him EEA residency card ?

You do not have to go anywhere and your husband don't need to leave UK. You have to fight your case with the UKBA but you will win
What are you planning now to do? Reconsider or Appeal ?
what documents you send with the application ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

lorawally
Newly Registered

Post by lorawally » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 pm

360 every 4 week send you tomorow what they say exactly