ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Application Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smas4er

FLR (M) Application Questions

Post by smas4er » Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi
I have my wife's peo appointment next week and was just filling in the form. I need some help with some questions in section 7 - will really appreciate your help.
I am a director of my own limited company in UK and earn basic salary and dividends;

question 7.3 - i selected category F (income from self employment)
question 7.3 B
i) - yes
ii) - time of my work
iii) - my company name
iv) - regeisterd address of company
v) - UK
vi) - No
viii) - LTD company
ix) - my business type

x)b) - yes

Do you think that what I have answered is correct - i am a bit confused because my accountant said im not self employed - but on the form the only option for director of ltd company comes under self employment?
Will really appreciate your help with this

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Fri May 03, 2013 8:08 am

Some one please help - will really appreciate, got appointment early next week

Amber
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) application - section 7.3 help required

Post by Amber » Fri May 03, 2013 9:42 am

smas4er wrote:Hi
I have my wife's peo appointment next week and was just filling in the form. I need some help with some questions in section 7 - will really appreciate your help.
I am a director of my own limited company in UK and earn basic salary and dividends;

question 7.3 - i selected category F (income from self employment)
question 7.3 B
i) - yes
ii) - time of my work
iii) - my company name
iv) - regeisterd address of company
v) - UK
vi) - No
viii) - LTD company
ix) - my business type

x)b) - yes

Do you think that what I have answered is correct - i am a bit confused because my accountant said im not self employed - but on the form the only option for director of ltd company comes under self employment?
Will really appreciate your help with this
Although technically you may not be self-employed as a Director what you have put is acceptable, ensure you include the specified evidence as required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hussain.uk
Newly Registered

What happend on the day?

Post by hussain.uk » Sat May 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi, What happened on the day? Did your wife got approved?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:39 pm

I have got ILR in April 2013 based on long residence application. I was on Tier 1 from August 2008 till the time of my ILR application.
My wife has also been with me as a dependant since I was granted Tier 1 visa in August 2008. After my ILR she applied for FLR(M) and was granted 2 years leave in that category.
Can she apply for ILR on SET(M) now or does she have to complete the 2 years on FLR(M)?
Will appreciate your help.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:41 pm

You never needed all that information in your OP as your spouse had transitional protection hence the grant of 2 year leave.

Regarding the next steps see - ILR - PBS DEP - FLR(M) ROUTE UPDATE

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi
I have got a question regarding the letters to prove cohabitation.
We have council tax letters but it has got three names on the letter, mine, my wifes and one other person - can this letter be used or it should only have our names?
Can I use sky bill which shows name and address?

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Anyone??

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm

That shouldn't be an issue.

Amber
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Application Questions

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 pm

I want to apply for my wife's ILR application and want to find out if she is eligible to apply. Following is the history-
She came into UK in April 2008 as a dependent of IGS. Then in 2009 I applied for tier 1 and she applied with me as a dependent. In april 2013 I was granted ILR based on long residency and wife applied and got visa via FLR(M) in May 2013. So can she now apply for ILR on SET (M) as a spouse of some one settled in UK?

My second questions is around financial documents and proofs. I have got a private limited company and I am the director of it. My status was the same last as well when I applied wife's FLR(M) application. In that application I provided a set of documents to prove finances. Can I supply the same set of documents again for this application but obviously with most recent dates?

Will appreciate your help on this.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Yes you can now apply for settlement on SET(M) virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d). B1 English and LIUK required.

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:14 pm

OK. Thanks for that.
What about my question around the financial documents I need to provide bearing in mind that I have a limited company. Is there any guidance on that?

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:57 am

Hi
Can some one please let me know?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 am

There is no strict criteria for those apply under Part 8 of the immigration rules. Use Annex FM 1.7 (click) as a guide of what specified evidence to supply. Really, HMRC documents showing earnings for the last year and the last 3 months bank statements should suffice.