ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR documents list,please suggest if I miss anything in list

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prasadnadendla
Newly Registered

ILR documents list,please suggest if I miss anything in list

Post by prasadnadendla » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi Team/Experts,

I come to UK under Tier1 general. Visa first time approved on 06-01-2009

Entered UK on 18-03-2009

Extension first time 2011 (wife joined with me as Dependent in Dec 2011)
Extension second time in 2013
Five year living in UK under tier1 general completed on 19-03-2014.
I am planning to apply for my ILR in May 2014 for me and my Dependent.
Am I eligible to apply for ILR? I have following document with me please let me know are these documents are enough or Do I miss anything?
- Application form filled
- Passport & Biometric card
- Life in UK test letter
- Master degree studied in English (certificate of medium from university) which I have been using since first time entry clearance
- PBS summary from UKBA site
- Previous Tier 1 extension letter (approval letter)
- Master’s Degree certificate
- Salary letter from Employer (mentioned bonus)
- Payslips (stamped by employer with signature)
- Bank statements – Salary Account (12 months)
- Last 5 years p60s
- Maintenance of funds (is this really required, in application I did not see this section mentioned)
- Absence proof (I went to an EU country on behalf of work for one day) Letter from employer specifying I travelled for business reason.
- Absence proof for holiday (82 days annual holiday over 5 years) (I have air tickets and stamps on my passport) (do we need letter from employer as well for this? In the application it has been mentioned work related.)
Dependent related documents:
- Passport & BRP card
- Life in UK test certificate
- Master degree studied in English (certificate of medium from university)
- Master’s Degree certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Bank statement covering last two years
- Council tax documents (with Dependent name)
- Previous extended visa approval letter from UK BA.
- Last 6 months bank statements

ferryahmed82

Re: ILR documents list,please suggest if I miss anything in

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 am

Your docs looks fine, but was just wondering like if your initial Tier 1 was granted on 06 Jan 2009, and you entered on 18th March 2009, i.e. within 90 days, so your 5 yr period is counted since 06th Jan 2009 and you could have applied for ILR 28 days before 06 Jan 2014?

Why did you wait until March to complete full 5 years from your landing date? and Also why are you waiting until May to apply for ILR?

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 am

Document list looks fine.

prasadnadendla
Newly Registered

Post by prasadnadendla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 am

Thank you so much for your time. You are really helpful.

@ferryahmed82

I was in an impression that I am eligible only if spend time 5 years in UK only.

Anyways I will apply ASAP.

@ferryahmed82, smartkhan

Could you please help on these questions below as well?

1) Maintenance of funds (is this really required, in application I did not see this section mentioned?) Did I miss anything?

2) Absence proof for holiday (82 days annual holiday over 5 years) (I have air tickets and stamps on my passport)
Do we need mandatory letter from employer as well for this? In the application it has been mentioned work related?
If I want to get letter from employer, current employer will give but the previous employer will not be giving any absence letter for holidays.
Can you clarify?
3) What is the difference between 6.2 and 6.11

6.11 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.
6.11 Please give the dates of any absences spent outside of the Crown Dependencies
and the UK.”

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 am

prasadnadendla wrote:
1) Maintenance of funds (is this really required, in application I did not see this section mentioned?) Did I miss anything?
Not required.
2) Absence proof for holiday (82 days annual holiday over 5 years) (I have air tickets and stamps on my passport)
Do we need mandatory letter from employer as well for this? In the application it has been mentioned work related?
If I want to get letter from employer, current employer will give but the previous employer will not be giving any absence letter for holidays.
Can you clarify?
It's not mandatory. You can write self explanatory letter and explain all your holidays.

6.11 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.
Give the dates when you were out of UK and write "family visit" as a reason if you were on annual holidays.
6.11 Please give the dates of any absences spent outside of the Crown Dependencies
and the UK.”
Forget about this if you were not in crown dependencies.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 am

prasadnadendla wrote:Thank you so much for your time. You are really helpful.

@ferryahmed82

I was in an impression that I am eligible only if spend time 5 years in UK only.

Anyways I will apply ASAP.

@ferryahmed82, smartkhan

Could you please help on these questions below as well?

1) Maintenance of funds (is this really required, in application I did not see this section mentioned?) Did I miss anything? - This is not required

Can you clarify? -

if you can get a letter from previous employer then good enough, but if you can't then you can prepare a letter by yourself, and give the details of the previous employer for verification. Hope will do

and the UK.”
the first question means the days in which you were outside UK, you need to list them down.
The second question In my opinion if you spent any time in the crown dependencies like Jersey etc, you need to list them down in that section.

answers in the above quote