ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fn286

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by fn286 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Congrats Ammi.k ...some good news on the forum :)

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Ammi.k wrote:6 months payslip
Bonus payslip for 2013 & 14
P60 for 2012 & 13

Yeah i was just asking have u been in the same job for over 4 years?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

Ammi.k
Newly Registered

Post by Ammi.k » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:29 pm

For 3 years

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:19 am

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether we get any acknowledgment (letter, email etc) from BHC after applying for spouse visa in pakistan? Just like home office sends letter within UK? Has anyone ever received the letter to inform the applicant that application is received or under process?

Thanks.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 am

fn286 wrote:Hi all,

I was just wondering whether we get any acknowledgment (letter, email etc) from BHC after applying for spouse visa in pakistan? Just like home office sends letter within UK? Has anyone ever received the letter to inform the applicant that application is received or under process?

Thanks.
I didnt receive anything after submitting my application.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 pm

fn286 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.
When my husband applied back in September last year he received an email stating his application has been submitted online and when his status was changing to under process etc he also received an email aswell as a text message for each status change.

I dont know if they still do that or not because they stopped the tracking service online now.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21 pm

I think Gerrys do have a SMS service in Pakistan but not sure if they'll send messages for every status change.. I think its a just rubbish service..max they will do is sending SMS for collection.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:25 pm

fn286 wrote:I think Gerrys do have a SMS service in Pakistan but not sure if they'll send messages for every status change.. I think its a just rubbish service..max they will do is sending SMS for collection.
Yes you have to pay a little extra for this service at Gerry's. They will send you a SMS. Pretty crap service to be honest.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

Ammi.k
Newly Registered

Post by Ammi.k » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:28 pm

My wife did not receive any confirmation or update post submission, the only message came with confirmation of passport being processed and being dispatched to visa application center (Gerry) with a call the following day that passport is ready for collection

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Ammi.k wrote:My wife did not receive any confirmation or update post submission, the only message came with confirmation of passport being processed and being dispatched to visa application center (Gerry) with a call the following day that passport is ready for collection
Who sent the SMS informing passport process etc ? Was it from Gerrys or BHC? Did you pay extra for SMS?

This means no status updates only one SMS?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm

fn286 wrote:
Ammi.k wrote:My wife did not receive any confirmation or update post submission, the only message came with confirmation of passport being processed and being dispatched to visa application center (Gerry) with a call the following day that passport is ready for collection
Who sent the SMS informing passport process etc ? Was it from Gerrys or BHC? Did you pay extra for SMS?

This means no status updates only one SMS?
Dude
Gerry provides this service but when you submit application they offer you this service. you didn't ask for it? Just 250
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

Ammi.k
Newly Registered

Post by Ammi.k » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:23 pm

I got contacted by BHC directly by e-mail, it was an automated email

Gerry contacted when passport was ready to collect.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Folks, I need some advice regarding the spouse visa. Can you please advise what is the average time these days for Islamabad applicants. I see one user recently got approval within a few days. Is that normal going forward?

Also:
1) The form APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) and PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013) are these the correct forms to complete when applying for a spouse visa from Islamabad.
2) I intend to submit 12 months bank statements and 12 months payslips. Do I need to submit an employment reference letter. I am in full time permanent employment.
3) For the property accomodation documents. I intend to submit the rental agreement. The problem is that the agreement runs out in september. Would that be a problem. Do we need to submit a letter from landlord stating he has no objections. Has any one got spouse visa approvals without the landlord letter and just with rental agreement?

My full list of documents will look like:
APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) and PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013)
Original Nikahnama + Registered nikahnama letter
Some pics + chat history on Whatsapp
Bank Statements + Payslips (12 months)
Rental agreement.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Ammi.k
Newly Registered

Post by Ammi.k » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi Tommy

I would personally be uncomfortable with the your suggested list

1. You need to fill in online form + Appendix 2 for financial information - it would be wise to print out a copy before to avoid any mistakes
2. Get your Nikah-nama translated into English if not done already and also certified by union council member + add contact details of member (as they may need to contact to confirm validity)
3. They will not accept Whatapp - you need original phone statements alongside an invoice or statement confirming your and your's spouse's number. I would also use a number of other methods to confirm you have subsisting and genuine relationship
4. I am not sure about rental accommodation, however i would look to provide as much information and will absolutely need a letter from your landlord & rental agreement
5. Payslips and bank statements need to be original not print outs, if the later then get them stamped

I will posting a full list of my documents shortly

A

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:21 pm

yasen wrote:Salaam g to all

Guys and girls plz help me im new on here and i posted a few months back no one rplyed back.
Sister sameena how did your close friends husband get visa in 3 days im on dla to and its nearly 3 months now.
Can someone help me ive got everything doctars letter supportworkers letter to. Im really confused guys and girls
i have no idea how she did it. but i suppose its pot luck really.

yasen

Post by yasen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Yeah your right its all on look. When did she apply visa was it last year.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi Guys.

Hoping someone could help me. My cousin has recently married from pakistan. His wife was previously married however the marriage did not last long and she returned voluntarily to pakistan within a few months of recieving her spouse visa, she returned in may 2012. He wanted to know whether this could affect the visa application my cousin would be completing within the next few weeks or whether each application is treated differently.

I have told him it shouldnt affect his application as she returned voluntarily after the marriage broke down and that he shouldnt worry too much. But The UKVI may want to carry out more checks but thats about it.

My cousin has known his wife for almost a year and they were enaged in july 2013 and married in march 2014. All other visa requirements are fulfilled I.e. financials, 1 years call history and whatsapp history, plenty of photos and two visits to pakistan in the last year etc. Look forward from the help of you guys.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 pm

alil2014 wrote:Hi Guys.

Hoping someone could help me. My cousin has recently married from pakistan. His wife was previously married however the marriage did not last long and she returned voluntarily to pakistan within a few months of recieving her spouse visa, she returned in may 2012. He wanted to know whether this could affect the visa application my cousin would be completing within the next few weeks or whether each application is treated differently.

I have told him it shouldnt affect his application as she returned voluntarily after the marriage broke down and that he shouldnt worry too much. But The UKVI may want to carry out more checks but thats about it.

My cousin has known his wife for almost a year and they were enaged in july 2013 and married in march 2014. All other visa requirements are fulfilled I.e. financials, 1 years call history and whatsapp history, plenty of photos and two visits to pakistan in the last year etc. Look forward from the help of you guys.

If she returned voluntarily I cant see why it should affect this case.
What UKVI will look at is her divorce certificate. The divorce procedure must be according law. Uk law or if in pakistan then pakistan law. They will not accept just an islamic divorce.
If the divorce took place in the UK then it should have been through the courts here.
If the divorce took place in Pakistan then there is a divorce procedure through the union council.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Ammi.k wrote:I got contacted by BHC directly by e-mail, it was an automated email

Gerry contacted when passport was ready to collect.
HI Ammi.k

I have private messaged you.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:37 pm

She was divorced islamically in may 2012 and via the UK courts (decree absolute) in january 2014. My cousins wedding took place in mirpur in february 2014 (after decree absolute was issued). I just hope for his sake that the UKVI dont think its a marriage of convience, hence I have told him to provide as much details as possible which proves the relationship is subsisting I.e. lebara call history all 9 months, plenty of wedding and engagement photos, whatsapp messages, letter explaining how they met etc. Do you think this will be enough to convince them? Or is there anything he will need to add?

quote="musriz"]

What UKVI will look at is her divorce certificate. The divorce procedure must be according law. Uk law or if in pakistan then pakistan law. They will not accept just an islamic divorce.
If the divorce took place in the UK then it should have been through the courts here.
If the divorce took place in Pakistan then there is a divorce procedure through the union council.[/quote]

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:43 pm

musriz wrote:

If the divorce took place in Pakistan then there is a divorce procedure through the union council.

She was divorced islamically in may 2012 and via the UK courts (decree absolute) in january 2014. My cousins wedding took place in mirpur in february 2014 (after decree absolute was issued). I just hope for his sake that the UKVI dont think its a marriage of convience, hence I have told him to provide as much details as possible which proves the relationship is subsisting I.e. lebara call history all 9 months, plenty of wedding and engagement photos, whatsapp messages, letter explaining how they met etc. Do you think this will be enough to convince them? Or is there anything he will need to add?

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 am

Ammi.k wrote:Hi Tommy

I would personally be uncomfortable with the your suggested list

1. You need to fill in online form + Appendix 2 for financial information - it would be wise to print out a copy before to avoid any mistakes
2. Get your Nikah-nama translated into English if not done already and also certified by union council member + add contact details of member (as they may need to contact to confirm validity)
3. They will not accept Whatapp - you need original phone statements alongside an invoice or statement confirming your and your's spouse's number. I would also use a number of other methods to confirm you have subsisting and genuine relationship
4. I am not sure about rental accommodation, however i would look to provide as much information and will absolutely need a letter from your landlord & rental agreement
5. Payslips and bank statements need to be original not print outs, if the later then get them stamped

I will posting a full list of my documents shortly

A

Hi Ammi.K,

Please could you post a full list of your documents please? I'm going to be applying very soon and would love to see what you included in your documents which resulted in your visa being issued so fast!

I'd like to submit as much information as possible to satisfy any queries they may have so my wife's visa is processed as quickly as possible without any delays.

Thank you so much

Ammi.k
Newly Registered

Post by Ammi.k » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Applicant

Application Form (VAF4A) submitted online
Application Form (Appendix 2) spouse will need to fill in financial part
Original Passport / Old Passport
Birth Certificate
Nadra Identity Card / Copy
2 Passport Pics
TB Report
English Test Report - IELTS (there are 4 parts to this test)
Bio Metrics
Applicant Letter
Education Certificate

Marriage Information
Marriage Certificate - Urdu & English translation (both are attested with contact details)
NADRA Marriage Confirmation/Certificate
Weddding Cards
Wedding Cards from Friends
Hall Receipts
Photographer Receipt
Tenancy Agreement - This is for where me and my wife stayed after marriage
Boarding Stamps - Confirming travel
Travel Invoice - Confirming purchase of tickets

Spouse

Copy of Passport - Certified
Copy of Birth Certificate - Certified
Sponsership Statement/Cover Letter

Housing Information
Title Deeds
House Survey Report
Land Registry
Mortgage Statement
Utility Bills X2
Council Tax
House Warranty & Checklist
Valuation report

Employment & Financial Information
Employment Letter
Employment Contract
6 Month Payslips - Stamped
P60 for both 2012/2013
Bonus Payslip 2013
Resume
6 Month Bank Statements - Current & Saving - All Stamped by Branch
Maintenance Account sheet

Evidence of genuine relationship - Communication
Before Marriage - Phone log
Confirmation of applicant Phone Line
Phone Bill - Confirming Spouse Home number
Lyca Phone History -Spouse
Mobile Phone History - Spouse Work
Mobile Bill - To confirm Spouse Mobile
Confirmation of Applicant Mobile Phone Number
What App History Log
Viber Calls Sceenshots
Email History and Examples

Evidence of genuine relationship - Money & Post
Money Transfer Receipts - send money each month above £60
Bank Account Statement - Have at least £3000 in saving
Receipt of Postal Transfer
Postal Evidence

Evidence of genuine relationship - Pictures
Engagement Pic
Marriage Pics
Post Marriage Pics
Video Screenshot

All documents were original & copies were certified. Also take photocopy of each document

I personally did a lot more then the requirements however my view is to provide as much evidence if you have a genuine case. Further don't give a reason for the case worker to have any reason to reject

I hope this helps all of you inshallah

A

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Nadizee wrote:you can choose it. but

You should be aware that you may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply, if you have:

previously been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
previously been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America or the Schengen countries, and/or;
been convicted of a criminal offence in any country.
Asslmu alykum,,,
To zeeh,,,,how do u know about this that a processing
time can b extend bcoz of abov mentioned situation???[/quote]

Hi
Is there any one who was previously overstated deported/removed or came back fom uk voluntarily and then applied for a spouse visa.would any one like to share experience. Thanx

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Ammi.K you said before they will not accept whatsapp? Then you post the list of documents you submitted and state whatsapp as one of them. :oops: