ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MNI Form and Fees query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

juz

MNI Form and Fees query

Post by juz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 am

Hi,
I have had great help from this forum. Have posted before, but as its been a while need some clarifications please.

I got ILR last year and both my kids are born in UK, but they too got their ILR with me last year.

1. As I now have some money :) I would want to apply for British Citizenship for my 2 kids? Am I correct to say that I need to use MN1 to do this, and need to fill in 2 seperate forms for both my kids? Or can I just apply for British passport straight away?

2. If I used MN1 form, I just saw that the fees have changed, but it only says £669 for a child. Last year the fee table had prices for 2 children as well. Do I assume that I will need to pay £669 x 2? If so, can I just use one Fee form, or separate for each child?

Your help with the above 2 queries would be much appreciated.
Thanks

juz

Re: MNI Form and Fees query

Post by juz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Can someone please reply.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm

juz wrote:Hi,
I have had great help from this forum. Have posted before, but as its been a while need some clarifications please.

I got ILR last year and both my kids are born in UK, but they too got their ILR with me last year.

1. As I now have some money :) I would want to apply for British Citizenship for my 2 kids? Am I correct to say that I need to use MN1 to do this, and need to fill in 2 seperate forms for both my kids? Or can I just apply for British passport straight away? Only a British Citizen can apply for a British passport, your children are not British yet. You need to complete a separate form for each child but you can complete 1 fee payment sheet.

2. If I used MN1 form, I just saw that the fees have changed, but it only says £669 for a child. Last year the fee table had prices for 2 children as well. Do I assume that I will need to pay £669 x 2? If so, can I just use one Fee form, or separate for each child? Yes, it is £669 x 2 and yes, one form with both children's details written on.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

juz

Post by juz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Many thanks for your response.
It seems the prices are going up every year :(

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:19 am

juz wrote:Hi,

1. As I now have some money :) I would want to apply for British Citizenship for my 2 kids? Am I correct to say that I need to use MN1 to do this, and need to fill in 2 seperate forms for both my kids? Or can I just apply for British passport straight away?

2. If I used MN1 form, I just saw that the fees have changed, but it only says £669 for a child. Last year the fee table had prices for 2 children as well. Do I assume that I will need to pay £669 x 2? If so, can I just use one Fee form, or separate for each child?

Thanks
CR001 is right!

1. You need to get your kids naturalized first by, using the MN1 form (one for each kid). Once you get the naturalization certificate for both you need to send it with the passport application form.

2. Fees going up every year... Yeah tell me about it :D

Guildfordman1
Newly Registered

Post by Guildfordman1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:05 pm

I got my ILR and I have two kids born in the UK and are under 18 years old

Can I apply their British Citizen registration or do I need to apply for their ILR too?

Please respond to my query

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:10 pm

Guildfordman1 wrote:I got my ILR and I have two kids born in the UK and are under 18 years old

Can I apply their British Citizen registration or do I need to apply for their ILR too?

Please respond to my query
You can apply to register them on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Guildfordman1
Newly Registered

Post by Guildfordman1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks