ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirements After 2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamshah
Newly Registered

English Language Requirements After 2013

Post by kamshah » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:41 am

Hi

I intend to apply for naturalization in February 2014. In regard to English language requirements, I have done my IELTS in 2006 and have shown evidence of the same as a Tier 1 General migrant and ILR, I have a Masters degree from Scotland, plus can also provide evidence that my first degree from Pakistan was taught in English.

Which of the above may be the best to provide evidence for English language requirements or can I send all three of them.

Many thanx

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:07 am

The LIUK test (or equivalent) and your UK degree should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kamshah
Newly Registered

Post by kamshah » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:35 am

Many thanx Amber

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:01 am

D4109125 wrote:The LIUK test (or equivalent) and your UK degree should suffice.
I did my masters of computer sciences from Pakistan and same as my wife. do we need to do that English test even if we provide the evidence that my medium of degree was English , we will apply in December for naturalization.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:07 am

If your degrees are comparable to UK degree (i.e. are awarded 10 points on the PBS calculator) and were taught in English that should satisfy the new requirement in addition to the LIUK or equivalent.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 am

D4109125 wrote:If your degrees are comparable to UK degree (i.e. are awarded 10 points on the PBS calculator) and were taught in English that should satisfy the new requirement in addition to the LIUK or equivalent.
I got 35 points for my master degree in my HSMP application and same 35 point for Tier 1 General application as my degree and institute was in list of home office qualification calculator , My wife got the same degree from same Institute. I cant find anything like you said anywhere in UKBA website, Is this what you think or are you quoting it from some reliable source published by UKBA/Home office ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 pm

If you want "reliable source from UKBA website", please wait patiently until closer to 28-Oct-13.

In the meantime, read the only reliable source available on date - Statement of Intent
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 am

sushdmehta wrote:If you want "reliable source from UKBA website", please wait patiently until closer to 28-Oct-13.

In the meantime, read the only reliable source available on date - Statement of Intent

Thanks for your reply, This statement of Intent does not say anything like people who have master degree (or any degree of any level ) where medium of study was English are exempted

chongkie
Newly Registered

OCT 2013 new requirement i.e. ESOL

Post by chongkie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am

hi there....2014 naturalization applicants via NCS...do you still need to take ESOL or does this applies to ILR applicants only?? Any responce is highly appreciated..cheers...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:44 am

sharjeelpk wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:If you want "reliable source from UKBA website", please wait patiently until closer to 28-Oct-13.

Thanks for your reply, This statement of Intent does not say anything like people who have master degree (or any degree of any level ) where medium of study was English are exempted
SOI Page 6 wrote:The following groups are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the
KoLL requirement and will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification:
• Nationals of majority English speaking countries (Annex A).
Those who have obtained a degree taught in English.
Both of these groups will, however, be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate
their knowledge of life in the UK

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:40 pm

no response needed..i got my answer..cheers....

chongkie
Newly Registered

ESOL

Post by chongkie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 am

hi guys...help on ESOL. do you need to attend a classroom course to get an ESOL certificate? or is this similar to Life in the UK, just go an book an exam? can anyone shed some light on this matter. since i am here..do you know where to take an exam or course? any site that give you a list of school or test centres? many thanks...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:21 am

See here

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:55 am

D4109125 wrote:If your degrees are comparable to UK degree (i.e. are awarded 10 points on the PBS calculator) and were taught in English that should satisfy the new requirement in addition to the LIUK or equivalent.
Does this mean minimun 10 points?

If University name and degree are in the list and 0 point on the PBS calculator is awarded then what would be the case?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 am

Somudro wrote:
Does this mean minimun 10 points?

If University name and degree are in the list and 0 point on the PBS calculator is awarded then what would be the case?
Then you need to ask NARIC for a statement of comparability to see if your degree is equal to that of a UK degree.

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:43 am

thanks amber......

anjumashfaq
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirements After 2013

Post by anjumashfaq » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi, Please can anyone confirm whethe or not an expired IELTS(previously used for HSMP application) can be used for the BC application? Thanks