ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ETSA with Criminal Record in UK

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ade2012
Newly Registered

Applying for ETSA with Criminal Record in UK

Post by ade2012 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi
I am applying for ETSA but I have TS10 for jumping a red light in Dec 2010, fine £120/- and 3 points through court.

In Question as below do I need to tick on No/Yes?

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHelp/E ... 1.htm#ata2

Question B)

B) Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or been a controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Applying for ETSA with Criminal Record in UK

Post by Amber » Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 am

It depends if a traffic offence is considered a crime involving moral turpitude ?

However, the US Embassy advises that a visa is required for any offence which resulted in conviction, therefore you should seek admission via the US Embassy. Contact unlock first on 01634 247350.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.