ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in Malaysia to ILR mother/Right of Abode father

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tsumei8
Newly Registered

Baby born in Malaysia to ILR mother/Right of Abode father

Post by tsumei8 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi,

My husband (he has Right of Abode) and I (I have ILR) live and work in the UK. We both hold Malaysian passports. I am currently 9 months pregnant and have returned to Malaysia to have my baby, due this month.we are planning to return to the UK once in July/August. For baby, she will have a Malaysian passport and I have been told to get Indefinite Leave to Enter prior to return to the UK. Does anyone have any advice to my following questions:
1) What documentation/requirements is needed for this application?
2) What are the fees for ILE?
3) Do I apply via the Visa4UK website and subsequently an appointment with VFS Global?
4) How long will the application take?
5) Is this the best visa for baby? She will be settled permanently in the UK.

Thanks in advance!

leeling.lim
Newly Registered

Re: Baby born in Malaysia to ILR mother/Right of Abode fathe

Post by leeling.lim » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Its better off getting a right of abode for your baby as its a better visa? Daddies who has right of abode are able to pass down their right of abode to their offsprings.