ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 to ILR long stay + dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wikideeep
Newly Registered

Tier2 to ILR long stay + dependant

Post by wikideeep » Tue May 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi
I'm on Tier2(general) visa which expires in Oct 2014. Before this I was on Student Visa (2004-2009) followed by PSW (2009-2011).
I'm planning to apply for ILR 10 years after august. My question is regarding dependant under this category. My wife has been in U.K. since april 2010 as my dependant;

Under which category will she apply for a visa (her existing visa expires Oct 2014)?
Can she apply for Visa with me (as SET LR mentiones no Dependant allowed)?

I'm very confused with the new system and broken link on Homeoffice website are not very helpful.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Tier2 to ILR long stay + dependant

Post by Amber » Tue May 06, 2014 2:21 pm

She'll need to switch to FLR(M) for which there is an A1 English and Financial Requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ayo
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 to ILR long stay + dependant

Post by ayo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:29 pm

After submitting my case to HO and waiting nearly two years to hear of any news I was told my application had been lost and I should resubmit documents again. They gave me a deadline of 3 weeks to complete everything and there were some things that I wasnt able to submit due to lack of time. After resubmitting my case it was refused on grounds of lack of evidence. I then sent them independant evidence directly and they said my case was under reconsideration, since then I have had no update from them. Any advice?