ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid leave?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mhkhan

Unpaid leave?

Post by mhkhan » Mon May 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Hello All,

Does it matter if I went to my home country for 10 days every year and those were all unpaid leave? I teach as a freelancer and went home during the Easter and Christmas breaks when the Universities are closed but I don't get paid for even though am still under the contract.

If yes, then what kind of a letter would I need. I teach at different places simultaneously and having a letter from each for the 10 day unpaid leave doesn't sound logical.

Thanks for your time.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Unpaid leave?

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 13, 2014 9:47 am

I am assuming this is for ILR application. If you have unpaid leave then mention it in your cover letters. Include the start dates and end dates ( exit and entry dates for UK).As evidence, point to the stamps in your passport

mhkhan

Re: Unpaid leave?

Post by mhkhan » Tue May 13, 2014 10:18 am

Thank you. Yes it is for ILR. Will do as suggested.

Kind regards.