ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Independent 136 visa query..

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mark_the_mechanic
Newly Registered

Skilled Independent 136 visa query..

Post by mark_the_mechanic » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Hey everyone, im mark 25 years old, from the uk, and new to this forum!
I applied for a skilled independent 136 visa early march this year, i recieved an acknowedgement 3 months later, and a month after that got a request for work references (i sent meds and police check unrequested just after i applied for the visa). One of my former companys policys is not to give out references and agreed to give me a letter indicating the period i was employed too and from, the other reference from the other company was good. I posted both references and 3 days later got an email from my CO, she said she needed a letter from this employer indicating the hours that i worked per week, and pay slips to back this up..
i emailed them to her the same day..
what now and why does she need this? im getting scared!!! :shock:

thinker

hi

Post by thinker » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:33 am

Firstly, you shouldn't have sent a medical & police check to your case officer. You will be asked to do them both again. Its a mandate (for 136 visa) that you don't submit any meds or police chk until they ask for.

Also the meds needs to be done with a panel doctor and only with the forms sent by your CO. This is because your CO will attest your photo and attach it with the Medical chk forms. Police certificate should be current at the time of your CO making a decision on your application.

About the reference letter, you need not worry about it, sometime if your reference letter is not clear enough or when you claim points for your specific work experience and the CO cannot satisfactorily verify them, they may require few other details like hours of work, etc.

You just have to give them what they want and wait until you hear from them... unfortunately thats how it works!

Thinker

mark_the_mechanic
Newly Registered

Post by mark_the_mechanic » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:55 am

thanks thinker, they have already acknowledged my meds and police checks, they were done at a listed docter, i checked this before hand. my query is about the payslips as i havent claimed any specific work experience points. i maneged to score enough points without this, just wondered if there was any other reason, cheers..