ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Of My Application Stopped..Advice please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ninjaman

Processing Of My Application Stopped..Advice please

Post by ninjaman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi everyone,

please advice me on this one

I applied for Irish naturalisation around september 2013.

I'm non-eu and my wife is from Northern Ireland holding Irish passport.
at the time of my application i had 5 year residence permit from the UK government which expired earlier this year 2014.

I provided all the details they needed and the whole process went so smooth, it even went into the second stage. last week, they asked me to see the permission stamp again, so I send copies again.

to my surprise, they replied:

No further processing of your application for naturalisation will take place untill such a time as you provide your current residency permission from the UKBA confirming the date you are legally resident in Northern ireland and expiry date. the permit held on file expired on DD/MM/2014"

I'm gutted!
10 year married, 2 Irish children!
my wife had enough! and I can understand why?...she is so upset.
I spent all 5 years in NI 2009 - present and I have all the proofs from 2009! (even though they asked proofs from 2010)

as far as I'm concerned am not illegal in the UK because I can go and apply for another 5 year residency again from the uk.

Any advice where I should go from here?

your input is highly appreciated.

P.S congratulations to all those who attended their ceremony on 4th July

wwattock80

Re: Processing Of My Application Stopped..Advice please

Post by wwattock80 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Can you explain wot is your legal status now?. r u in UK or Ireland. Because they have no proof of your residency as you said that they clearly mentioned that in their record your permission has been expired in 2014. If your leave to remain or VISA expired keep in mind you are illegal in the country bcz your are not a EU citizen. Get the Stamp as early as possible send them proof and i hop there will be no problem after processing your application.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:44 am

ninjaman

Was ur UK residence permission valid when u applied for oohs citizenship? Did it express during the processing of your citizenship application?

Either way u need to get it renewed ASAP. Then send on proof to inis that you renewed it

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 am

Why can't you just apply for Indefinite to remain in the UK before your expired 5years ?

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:08 pm

El shaddai wrote:Why can't you just apply for Indefinite to remain in the UK before your expired 5years ?
Why not appky for permanent resident in uk, by eu lae you are not illegal but for ireland they need you to show them the proofs that you are legal which will be your permanent resided card under eu from uk. Its free and cheaper, you only need to show your eu spouse has been exercising treaty rights for the last 5yrs and if she already got permanent residence on her right show them also by document you present. 10yrs documents is more than enough. When you get yoyr permanently residence you can apply for nationalization in both ireland and uk if your wife also have a uk citizen too that mean you are getting naturalized through marriage in both country and wont affect your naturalusation with ireland as you can get other citizenship if it is through marriage.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:20 pm

wwattock80 wrote:Can you explain wot is your legal status now?. r u in UK or Ireland. Because they have no proof of your residency as you said that they clearly mentioned that in their record your permission has been expired in 2014. If your leave to remain or VISA expired keep in mind you are illegal in the country bcz your are not a EU citizen. Get the Stamp as early as possible send them proof and i hop there will be no problem after processing your application.
Iam in Northern Ireland and according to https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card am not illegal. but I know It will help if I apply for the permanent residency

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:ninjaman

Was ur UK residence permission valid when u applied for oohs citizenship? Did it express during the processing of your citizenship application?

Either way u need to get it renewed ASAP. Then send on proof to inis that you renewed it
Thank you for replying guys I really appreciate.

Yes, my permission was valid from 2009 to early 2014. it expired while in the middle of Naturalisation process

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 pm

El shaddai wrote:Why can't you just apply for Indefinite to remain in the UK before your expired 5years ?
thanks for replying...

I wanted to do just that i.e applying before 5 years expired but according to my lawyer at the time she said that I have to wait until 5 years are over then I can apply for indefinite leave to remain. I also checked UK gov website it says the same.

Thanks

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:50 pm

@rachellynn1972

thanks for your post earlier,

the reason why I am not keen in applying in the uk is the fact that my wife hasnt excersised her treaty rights in the last 3 or so years because she was looking after our two children. even though we are self sufficient, I didn't know that we needed to have health insurance for us to apply as self sufficient so am not sure if UK will grant me permanent residence. I will post in the UK section to get advice on how to go about applying.

also because my wife was born and bred in northern Ireland she has two passports UK and Irish (dual nationality) so she didn't apply for permanent residence therefore I wouldn't have her permanent residence to show them.

she has four P60's and and 7 payslips of two years in this order

7 payslips of year 1

p60 of year 2,

7 payslips of year 3

p60 of year 4, year 5 and year 6

then she stopped working.

someone once said as long as she has worked for 5 continuous years we don't need to show we have health insurance but again we don't have 5 p60 in total.

thanks for our advice again...