ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Switching to Tier 2 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roadtiger
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Switching to Tier 2 (General)

Post by roadtiger » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi,

So informative forum it is. However, I didn't find a specific topic for those who are switching from Tier 2 Dependent, already in the UK, to Tier 2 (General).

Apparently, such people have to apply from outside the UK. This makes several problems which are intensified when the applicants have to apply via a beta online application system containing some confusing bits and bobs. Someone may laugh but the situation gets double intensification when UKVI (former UKBA) keeps silent about the applicant's exceptional condition.

I've been confused on a few points although I have read all the guidance published by UKVI, searched the Net and have asked from whoever I knew. I hope a good character can advise here.

The questions are:

1] My spouse has a Tier 2 to which I've been a dependent and permitted to work. Tier 2 expires by the end of September and is not extendible. My work place has sponsored me until March 2015 (end of contract) and we are to apply for my Tier 2. This time my spouse becomes dependent. The online system asks if my spouse has a valid visa or not. If I answer "yes", there is no point to apply for visa again. If I answer "no", it is not correct because she has one lasting for one month. So, what should I answer to this question?

2] We have a 5 month old child who does not have visa but has got the national passport. When I add her to the list of my children on my application form, it asks if the child stays with me or not and if not, it asks for an address. The question is now, we are in the UK and the child is with me while my permanent address is out of the UK. Shall I give our UK address or my address in my home country?

3] Do I need to demonstrate Full Birth Certificate when applying from outside the country although the baby has his national passport?

Thanks in advance for the effort of answering.