ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rule of applying from getting back to home country(Most Urg)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Rule of applying from getting back to home country(Most Urg)

Post by tariq_sohaib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 am

Yesterday I posted my question, but nobody answered it, maybe my question is not clear, therefore facing difficulty in interpreting it, and then I will try to clear it more readable
I got an offer from a university, the kick off date of the course is 24th of September 2014, but my visa expiration date is 24th of August 2014, definitely, I will have to be back home. My query is this, Can I apply straight away before long after arriving back home on the same offer or is there any time restriction and I will have to wait for a certain time limit before applying for a new visa? And in case if I accept to wait for the completion of that specific time limit (if any), does my offer still exist or it will be nil and void? Thanks!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Rule of applying from getting back to home country(Most

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:41 am

You can apply in the UK - you do not need to go back home.
Technically there is more than a 28 gap between visa end date and course start date but you are going to a UK uni so they are not going to get wound up to much.
Once you have applied you can carry on with your studies even without the visa being decided. The joy of HEI. /. HTS. Sponsors.

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:08 am

Frontier Mole, Thanks for reply, with apologies I am not satisfied because i am not prepared to take any risk and would prefer to go back. If you want me to do a favor, let me know the rules and regulations for applying after getting back home if someone have obtained an offer while he was in the UK. I would highly appreciate your efforts. Thanks!

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 am

Frontier Mole wrote:You can apply in the UK - you do not need to go back home.
Technically there is more than a 28 gap between visa end date and course start date but you are going to a UK uni so they are not going to get wound up to much.
Once you have applied you can carry on with your studies even without the visa being decided. The joy of HEI. /. HTS. Sponsors.
That's a wrong information.

tariq_shoaib your visa is expiring in 24 August and new course is starting is starting in 24 September so its more than 28 days so you have to go back to your home country and apply from there.

searoze

Post by searoze » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 am

Frontier Mole wrote:You can apply in the UK - you do not need to go back home.
You have to go back to home country but you can apply straightaway
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

tariq_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by tariq_sohaib » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Can I apply straight away before long after arriving back home on the same offer or is there any time restriction and I will have to wait for a certain time limit before applying for a new visa? And in case if I accept to wait for the completion of that specific time limit (if any), does my offer still exist or it will be nil and void? Thanks!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Sorry guys but I am not wrong. Although it is more than 28 days it is not more than a calender month. The guidance for caseworkers states

Tier 4 (General) requirements - paragraphs 245ZT-245ZY of the Immigration Rules To be granted leave as a Tier 4 (General) migrant a person must:
 not be applying for leave for a course that starts more than a month after their current leave expires (if applying in the UK).

So 24th of one month to 24th of the next meets the definition of not exceeding.