ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 visa extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

honey1985
Newly Registered

Tier-4 visa extension

Post by honey1985 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 am

Hi, I am a final year PhD student and my visa expires on Friday July 18th 2014. I am classified as a reduced maintenance student ,therefore I only need to have £1640 in my bank account for 28 days. I need to extend my visa as my study has not finished yet. I have all my documents ready except my ATAS which university will not provide CAS number without ATAS.
I applied for ATAS on-time and it has been more than 20 working days they have not replied me, I sent an email to them ,they have not responded yet. At this time university is in contact with them. University told me if I don't get my ATAS before my expiry date They can not give me CAS and can not help me with it and I have to leave UK to my home country to apply . But this is not my fault, I applied for ATAS on-time and have everything ready to submit my application except this ATAS. I do not want to go back home at this moment. Can I be overstayed for few days till I get my ATAS? if yes will my maintenance money still the same as £1640 or I need to have 9*£840?

Is it worth to take the risk to over stay?

I appreciate you help me asap as I only have two days left till my visa expiry date.

Regards

Hannah

shaq1

Re: Tier-4 visa extension

Post by shaq1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:36 am

Don't overstay if the Uni does not issue you a CAS and you can't apply for the visa. As any overstay will lead to more complications and may lead to refusal for your visa application in future. Please check the policy guidance there are some cases when you can overstay but I don't see any reason that not receiving the ATAS on time can be fallen on any of those categories.

searoze

Post by searoze » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am

honey1985 wrote:Hi, I am a final year PhD student and my visa expires on Friday July 18th 2014. I am classified as a reduced maintenance student ,therefore I only need to have £1640 in my bank account for 28 days. I need to extend my visa as my study has not finished yet. I have all my documents ready except my ATAS which university will not provide CAS number without ATAS.
I applied for ATAS on-time and it has been more than 20 working days they have not replied me, I sent an email to them ,they have not responded yet. At this time university is in contact with them. University told me if I don't get my ATAS before my expiry date They can not give me CAS and can not help me with it and I have to leave UK to my home country to apply . But this is not my fault, I applied for ATAS on-time and have everything ready to submit my application except this ATAS. I do not want to go back home at this moment. Can I be overstayed for few days till I get my ATAS? if yes will my maintenance money still the same as £1640 or I need to have 9*£840?

Is it worth to take the risk to over stay?

I appreciate you help me asap as I only have two days left till my visa expiry date.

Regards

Hannah

You can apply with in 28 days of your visa expiry. There wont be any problem if you apply with in 28 days.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

honey1985
Newly Registered

Post by honey1985 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:59 pm

thanks guys for your comments.
University advisor told me after my expiry date ,university will not provide a CAS number to me ,so in this case overstaying may not be the case. But what if I fill the CAS section in online application form blank and submit my visa online on time , I know I will be refused but this helps me to buy some time for my ATAS and stay in UK legally.

Regards

Hannah

honey1985
Newly Registered

Tier-4 visa extension

Post by honey1985 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi,

I appreciate if you help me with my visa extension matter.

My student visa expires tomorrow the July 18th and my ATAS certificate and therefore CAS number are not ready and my University has recommended me to have a plan to leave the country to my home country if I do not hear from ATAS before my visa expiry date.

I do not want to leave the UK to my home country as for now we do not have embassy there and I should travel to Turkey and I can not afford all the costs. I have thought about many cases to help me not leaving UK but all of them has been unhelpful for now.

I just thought if I enter my previous CAS number in my visa form and submit my visa on time .I know I will be refused but this help me stay in UK regally and I am able to buy some time to sort out my ATAS. Do you think it is OK to do it?
my only worry is that University knows about my situation and if I do this ,stay in UK and get refused,will then university give me a CAS or they tell me we advised you to leave and you know this CAS will lead you to refuse so we will not accept to give you a new CAS. will that be a case or I am worrying too much?

Please help.thanks