ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from student to Tier 1 dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amber
Mood:

Re: PBS dependant or ILR dependant?

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Take your total net (after tax, NI etc) income and deduct rent/mortgage and council tax, how much are you left with each week and how many children do you have?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sabriz
Newly Registered

Post by sabriz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:23 pm

thanx amber,i earn monthly 1500 after tax .And my rent is including council tax evrything 500 pounds a month as im sharing the flat with other people ,so weekly i got 250 pounds and i got one kid whos is 1and half year old

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Then you should be fine. So long as you've adequate accommodation. I assume you're claiming Child Benefit and Tax Credits.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sabriz
Newly Registered

Post by sabriz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:16 pm

thanx amber u know i am not claiming any benefit, i thought it might affect my case due to benefits

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:42 pm

No, claim them.

drkooper

Maintenance Fund for PBS dependant

Post by drkooper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:58 pm

I am on ILR now and my wife had been granted PBS visa. She is not eligible for ILR yet so she is going for PBS Dependant extension.
On the application form when it is asked to show the maintenance fund of £630, does the money has to be in my wife's account or mine considering that she is applying alone?
Thank you in advance, please help.

drkooper

Re: Maintenance Fund for PBS dependant

Post by drkooper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Can anyone please respond?
Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 pm

drkooper

Post by drkooper » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 am

Thank you Amber
92. The documents required by Appendix E of the Immigration Rules are specified below:
i)Personal bank or building society statements covering the 90 day period immediately before the application.The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the name of the main applicant and/or your name, or (for children only) the name of your other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;

So am I right in thinking that I can use my bank statements to show maintenance fund if my wife is applying alone? Please confirm

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 am

Yes.

drkooper

Post by drkooper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 am

Amber wrote:Yes.
Thank you Amber for your help. Appreciate it very much.

Regards
A

MK123

Post by MK123 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Can you please send me the PBS dependent document checklist. I am in a similar situation as yourself. Thanks

drkooper

PBS Dependant extension or spouse visa?

Post by drkooper » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:47 am

Am not sure whether I should post here or in the British citizenship column. Apologies if its in the wrong area.

Its with regards to my wife's visa. She is on PBS Dependant visa which will be expiring in July 2017.
As for me my timeline is I got my ILR in Sep 2013, before that I had Tier 1 General.
I got my British citizenship in Jan 2015. At the moment we are outside of UK and plan to return in around Jan 2017. What I want to ask is what option will my wife have in order to stay with me in UK?
Can she extend her PBS Dependant visa ( considering I am British now ) or does she have to go with the spouse visa?
Please explain what would be the requirement of the same.

This forum has helped me a lot in the past with my citizenship and am hoping for the same this time.

Thank you
A

vinny

Re: PBS Dependant extension or spouse visa?

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 am

drkooper wrote:Can she extend her PBS Dependant visa ( considering I am British now )
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

drkooper

Post by drkooper » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:44 am

vinny wrote:
drkooper wrote:Can she extend her PBS Dependant visa ( considering I am British now )
Yes.
Thank you Vinny for the link , took some time to go through it. Seems I understood it but still got a few doubts if you would be kind enough to clarify them.
1. I am currently in India with my wife who's PBS dependant visa is going to expire in July 2017, what is the latest time period that I can enter UK to extend her PBS dependant visa?
2. I understand that absences from UK are ok and the time my wife spends with me in UK will be counted towards her 5 years ILR period, and her 5 year ILR clock will not be reset,
is that correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 am

319E wrote:(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for at least the period specified in (i) or (ii):
Strictly speaking, under 319E(d)(ii), I think that they expect her to having been living together in the UK with you for at least a continuous period of 5 years. Although absences are permitted, it may be safer if these are limited and with good reasons, similar to those of a spouse of a settled person. Even a Returning resident (ILR holder) is not normally expected to be absent for more than two years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

drkooper

Post by drkooper » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:12 am

Thank you Vinny for taking the time to answer.
And could you please clarify regarding my first question please.
1. I am currently in India with my wife who's PBS dependant visa is going to expire in July 2017, what is the latest time period that I can enter UK to extend her PBS dependant visa?

Your help is much appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 pm

She must enter the UK before expiry of leave.

If she is in the UK, then she may apply at any time up to 28 days after expiry of her leave (319C(j)), but preferably before expiry of her leave.

drkooper

Post by drkooper » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Thank you Vinny for all your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Moreover, if she makes an in-time PBS dependant extension application and they haven't decided by the time she is eligible for ILR, then she may vary her application to SET(O).