ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPONSORING MY PARENTS FOR FAMILY VISIT VISA (UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pharmacist2006
Newly Registered

SPONSORING MY PARENTS FOR FAMILY VISIT VISA (UK)

Post by pharmacist2006 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 pm

I was on Tier 1 General from 31/03/2010 to 31/03/2013 (3 years)
I sponsored my parents in 2010, 2011 & 2012 for family visit. They always applied for 6 months visa and got it. They were just staying with me around 1 month in UK and went back to Pakistan.

I have now got extension of my Tier 1 General from 31/03/2013 to 31/03/2015 (2 years).

Can my parents apply for 5 years or 10 years family visit visa now?

Or they should again apply for 6 months family visit visa as my current status here in UK is with limited leave to remain (until 2015)

I will be thankful for your kind advice in this matter.

Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:10 pm

They can apply for a long-term visa but it will only be issued at the discretion of the ECO. Nevertheless, they are only permitted to spend six months per year in the UK with that visa. The rules have been modified and only the relatives of settled residents can apply for the family visit category, so they will have to apply under the general visit category.

pharmacist2006
Newly Registered

Post by pharmacist2006 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. Should I take this as being on Tier 1 General with valid visa until 2015, I can't sponsor my parents for visit visa? Should we wait until I get ILR in 2015?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 pm

pharmacist2006 wrote:Should I take this as being on Tier 1 General with valid visa until 2015, I can't sponsor my parents for visit visa?
You can sponsor them, but as General Visitors. I.e. they should apply for a General Visitor visa instead of a Family Visitor visa.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:24 am

Lucapooka wrote:They can apply for a long-term visa but it will only be issued at the discretion of the ECO. Nevertheless, they are only permitted to spend six months per year in the UK with that visa. The rules have been modified and only the relatives of settled residents can apply for the family visit category, so they will have to apply under the general visit category.
Hi Guru,

First sorry for jumping-in another person's thread.

I just want to ask about this 6-months spending in UK per year with visit visa limitation:

-- Is this true ? Is yes then can you give me some link ? As my parents visited UK on visit visa which is now valid for 5-years and they spend around 11-months in UK (2-trips back and forth between UK and Pakistan) from each 12-months period. So are they doing it wrongly ?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 pm

fslateef wrote:I just want to ask about this 6-months spending in UK per year with visit visa limitation:

-- Is this true ? Is yes then can you give me some link ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part2/

If what you say is true, they have been effectively residing in the UK on a visit visa. To clarify, can you confirm if they have been spending 11 out of 12 months in the UK every year?

If so, then yes, they have not used the visitor visa for its intended purpose.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 am

cs95tdg wrote:
fslateef wrote:I just want to ask about this 6-months spending in UK per year with visit visa limitation:

-- Is this true ? Is yes then can you give me some link ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part2/

If what you say is true, they have been effectively residing in the UK on a visit visa. To clarify, can you confirm if they have been spending 11 out of 12 months in the UK every year?

If so, then yes, they have not used the visitor visa for its intended purpose.
Hi Guru,

Thanks for giving me link and I had a look at it quickly and failed to find the point where it says 6-months in every 12-months period. Can you please quote it here if you don't mind ?

I know that visitors can't stay more than 6-months in a single trip means they have to leave before 6-months starting from their date of entry.

My parents have 5-years multiple entry visa and due to my sister's family requirements they come/visit UK twice in a year, for example:

- Entry: Oct 20xx
- Exit: March 20xx+1 (before end of 6-months period)
- Entry again: April 20xx+1
- Exit: Oct 20xx+1 (before end of 6-months period)

Is what they are doing in legal ?

Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 am

It's not illegal, and, indeed, if they are admitted they are entitled to stay for six months at at time. However, as they are breaking the guidelines for visit entry, they can, at any time, be refused entry or have their visa curtailed. I would suggest that it's only a matter of time before a vigilant guard challenges them at the airport.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 am

Lucapooka wrote:It's not illegal, and, indeed, if they are admitted they are entitled to stay for six months at at time. However, as they are breaking the guidelines for visit entry, they can, at any time, be refused entry or have their visa curtailed. I would suggest that it's only a matter of time before a vigilant guard challenges them at the airport.
Thanks for clarification. I will look at the guidelines in detail as I have to find-out what are exact wordings and details.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:55 pm

See also underneath case laws.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm

vinny wrote:See also underneath case laws.
Thanks for the useful info link. Really helpful and will read them.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:38 am

SORRY FOR ASKING THE QUESTION HERE... I REALLY NEED THE ADVISE.

I would like Sponsor my mother for visit visa application and my bank statement was generate on 19th Aug and she is going to apply on 16th Sept next Monday. On 16th Sept my bank statement will be 28 days old.

Is there any requirement sponsor bank statement must not be old more than 28 days?

Can I used the bank statement issued on 19th Aug for file submission on 16th Sept.

Please advice from experts and legal person. home office website not saying about the validity of the bank statement please see below.

If you will supply financial support and accommodation for your visitor, and/or you will pay for their travel to the UK, they will need to provide:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last 6 months; or a copy of your savings account book.

Thanks

jakfzs77

Re: SPONSORING MY PARENTS FOR FAMILY VISIT VISA (UK)

Post by jakfzs77 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 pm

jakfzs77 wrote:
Dears Freinds,

I have got a great new yesterday that my mother got visit visa.

My Back Ground :

I am British Citizen and working as self employed for last one year.

Case dates:
Application pack finalize in last week of April 2014 here in UK by my Solicitor.Paid and send the pack to Pakistan for submission.

Got 11th June 2014 at Islamabad GERRY VISA OFFICE.
CASE SUBMITTED on : 11-06-2014

I got call from HOME OFFICE to confirm that did I invite anyone to come and visit UK ON 19-06-2014 .

02-07-2014:Got email message from my solicitor saying ask your mom to collect her Passport and documents from Gerry office Islamabad.

03-07-2014: Mom called from Pakistan after getting her passport and documents with 6month visa .

Note : I did apply for only 3 weeks visa with my Solicitor advice. SO its work for me hope its help for for all friends who wanted to invite her family over here.

THE TABLE OF CONTENTS OF MY MOTHER VISA DOCUMENTS LIST.

Section-1 (Sponsor documents who is inviting Mother for visit visa)

A: Invitation Letter
B: Passport Copy of inviter
C: House report from estate agent.
D: House tenancy agreement.
E: Letter of permission from Landlord.

Section-2 (Applicant documents )

1. Visa Application Form
2. 2 Photo’s
3. Passport
4. National Identity Card
5. Letter from Bank Manager
6. Bank Statement of last 6 months
7. Letter of current market value of property & land in pounds
8. Evaluation Certificate -1
9. Evaluation Certificate -2
10. Evaluation Certificate –3
11. Letter of Income from Land

GOOD LUCK

Hope that help

Many thanks

jenkinsns
Newly Registered

Re: SPONSORING MY PARENTS FOR FAMILY VISIT VISA (UK)

Post by jenkinsns » Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Dear jakfzs77,

your reply is useful for everyone. Thank you very much
I am planning to apply visitor visa for my parents.
Please let me know what is Evaluation Certificate -1, 2, 3 , this property evaluation documents?.

Regards
Jenkins NS

pranab0077

Sponsor Documents

Post by pranab0077 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi All,
I'm a bit confused.I'm going to sponsor my parents to visit me.
I will show our saving account from Halifax which is a joint account with my wife.
We got some personal loan and deposit it in saving account before 2/3 months ago.

Since It's a bit large amount 5k, would it make any problem? ECO may ask the questions or not?
As per as I was told by a solicitor to show fund from the UK to facilitate the visa processing.

I need your valuable suggestions,pls

Casa

Re: Sponsor Documents

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:25 pm

pranab0077 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm
Hi All,
I'm a bit confused.I'm going to sponsor my parents to visit me.
I will show our saving account from Halifax which is a joint account with my wife.
We got some personal loan and deposit it in saving account before 2/3 months ago.

Since It's a bit large amount 5k, would it make any problem? ECO may ask the questions or not?
As per as I was told by a solicitor to show fund from the UK to facilitate the visa processing.

I need your valuable suggestions,pls
This thread was opened over 4 years ago and has been inactive since May 2015. :!: Please continue to post and wait for a response in the your own topic.
general-uk-immigration-forum/family-vis ... l#p1568971
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.