ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering the UK on Tier 4 visa after completing the cours

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

os328
Newly Registered

Re-entering the UK on Tier 4 visa after completing the cours

Post by os328 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 am

Here is a puzzle for you.

My situation in brief:

Non-EU/EEA national (ex-USSR), currently in the UK on a Tier 4 visa. Uni: Oxbridge. Course ends on July 30 (as indicated on the CAS), visa expires on Sep 30.

Passed the exams, submitting a dissertation on July 28. Dissertation results will be known on Oct 6. Graduation in November at the earliest.

Have a job offer in the UK. Want to leave the UK and re-enter on Sep 5 to take up a 3-week job training with the employer, then return to home country (before visa expires), wait until degree is awarded in October and apply for Tier 2 to work permanently.

The grand question is:

How can I make sure they allow me to re-enter in September?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, time is running fast, need a solution asap!

riz1986

Re: Re-entering the UK on Tier 4 visa after completing the c

Post by riz1986 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 am

Hi

Your situation is a bit tricky as ur visa expires on 30 Sep and your graduation is in Nov.

It is not worth taking the risk of travelling outside the UK upon ur return u might be denied entry as u hv technically finished ur course.
I would say do ur 3 week training with the employer.....spk to ur student adviser to extend ur visa till end of Nov so u can attend ur graduation n den apply for Tier 2 visa if possible.

Otherwise jus leave the UK before 30 sept and then apply for Tier 2 visa and start the job.

Hope dis wuld be helful :)

os328
Newly Registered

Post by os328 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi

thanks for your opinion.

Unfortunately I cannot extend the visa for the purposes of graduation.

Any other opinions on this?

Thanks

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:10 am

Why don't you get this job earlier? Before your graduation? If employer is happy to take you in any event it does not matter whether you are a graduate or not...

Although, to apply for the visa you would then need a English proficiency certificate as required.