ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Accomodation - Supporting Documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ChennaiSuperKings
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Accomodation - Supporting Documents

Post by ChennaiSuperKings » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello,
I hold a Tier-2 General Visa and have been working for the past couple of years in UK.
I'm getting married in July (in India)and my spouse would be joining me as a dependent (if all goes well)by end of July.

At the moment in U.K , I live in a shared accommodation(lodger) with a live in land lord and the rent I pay includes all my bills.
(so no proof of my council tax or any other thing)
The lodger agreement clearly says that I only rent an En-suite room with shared Spam and lounge.
I have my bank statements , Lodger agreement and Driving license as a proof for lodging.
Is this sufficient enough?

I have found a flat to rent from 1st August.
I do not want to rent a flat by June because I may be away for 7 weeks in June and July (few weeks working from home in India) and as you can see i'm not interested to waste 2 months of my rent(approx 1200£).I'm sure some of you would have been in a similar situation as I am.I don't know if the UKBA in India accepts my lodger agreement, Driving license and bank statements as my proof of accommodation.

Cheers,
Raj

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa - Accomodation - Supporting Docume

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:16 am

technically speaking, you dont need to show proof of accommodation for dependent of tier 2.
however, i personally feel (this is only my personal views), that since everyone else submits such docs, it has become a norm for caseworkers to see such docs. I myself submitted an agreement from my landlord, saying i have an en-suite room and share other facilities and it was all fine for my partner's visa. (although i was going to rent an apartment before her coming, i did not wanted to delay applying the visa).
hope this helps.

Porus

Post by Porus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:48 am

My Case :

1) I am having tier 2 ICT short term migrant visa that expires in 5 days. My wife is having

a COS and got a permanent Shortage occupation job last month.She was working for the last 1

month staying in a family friend's house in London where as I am living and working in

Manchester. Just 1 month over and now we are returning to India to apply tier 2 general for my

wife and tier 2 spouse for myself.

Questions:

1) We dont have a rental agreement in London for 1 month she stayed and have not booked any

apartment going forward when we return back to UK after our visa approval.

2) As a dependent to my wife , I can show required minimum balance in bank and state in cover

letter that I will book an apartment once i reach UK. Is this acceptable or for all tier 2

general out of country applicants or accomodation for 6 months should be booked prior to visa

application?

3) As I was working with IT company earlier in UK ,I am going to state that I will come back

and work in the same company with projects near london and the worst case i will find another

job.. Is this sufficient explanation ? .The reason I am raising this is my partner is offered

only 23.5 k pounds which is just 3 k more than visa rules for SOC skill set.

karim_9876

Post by karim_9876 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:10 am

Do you really need to show proof of accommodation ???

Porus

Post by Porus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:23 am

Hi Experts, Please let me know if accomodation is really needed as a proof before coming to UK for both tier 2 migrant and spouse while applying from out of country?.