ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM (Residence Card) Queries

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joeyauchow
Newly Registered

EUFAM (Residence Card) Queries

Post by joeyauchow » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 am

Greetings,

Allow me to briefly describe the story here...

I'm from Hong Kong in my early 20s with Portuguese passport (in other words, I'm Portuguese national)

My father and my uncle-in-law (my step-mother's brother) have the resources and skills, and intended to set up business here in Ireland, and the plan will be like this:

My father, my step mother and my uncle-in-law are all from Hong Kong, (BNO - British National (Overseas) passport holders), therefore no visa is needed to enter to Ireland. Also I assume that they can accompany me to go to Ireland as my family members.

Once arrived, I will open up a small cafe, hopefully the ground for their RC applications might be stronger.

After settled down and obtained necessary documents (i.e. Letter from PRTB, etc) then it's time for them to apply RC, in the meantime, I assumed they will get a temporary Stamp 4, so that my father and uncle-in-law will set up another business by then, the business is intended to create at least 8 jobs in the community.

RC is available and applicable to my dependents, but according to the Directive, independent parent and his spouse and member of household should fall into "Beneficiaries" under Article 3 of the Directive 2004/38/EC, but still they should be treated no differently with any EU citizen.

My queries are:

1) When applying the RC, how are they gonna describe the relationship with me as they are not my dependents?

2) An advice from the EC advised that I have to demonstrate they are my member of household, in order to apply for RC. Besides the birth/marriage certificates to identify our relationships, what kind of documents do we need to provide ? (is it acceptable to show individuals utilities bill/bank statements or phone bills with the same address in Hong Kong ?)

3) In case their RC applications had been rejected by the Irish Government, is there any chance for them to apply for another type of residence (e.g. stamp 1/ stamp 4?) which allow them to continue their business? If not, will they face deportation by then, which means the business had to closed down and all staffs would be redundant by then?

Thanks very much in advance, and looking forward to your kind reply.

joeyauchow
Newly Registered

Re: EUFAM (Residence Card) Queries

Post by joeyauchow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Any advices / comments are really appreciated, please help ! Thanks !