ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!! College License Revoked. What are my options.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

URGENT!! College License Revoked. What are my options.

Post by Abdulw87 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi.

i have an acquiantance who went to UK by taking admission in Lincolns College Manchester in 2011.

On 23 may 2012 UKBA revoked the Lincoln College's license and the college tried to do a merger with Magna Carta college but the merger failed.

Lincoln college told its student on 15 june 2012 via email that the students have untill 23 july 2012 to get admissions in new colleges or university, and prepare all the required documents (bank statements etc.) and apply for a new visa as their current leave of stay will become invalid on 23 July 2012.

Now my acquiantance has managed to gather the required funds but his problem is it will be after 23 july 2012 when his 28 day period for bank statement completes. He has also looked for admission in another college and they are willing to give him a CAS.

What are his options. Can he apply after 23 july? Would he have overstayed if he applies after 23 july? How would that affect his chances to get a new leave of stay.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm

If you apply after your current leave expire, you will be making an out of time application. It will affect your immigration status in UK in various aspects. One of it is you will have no in-country appeal rights in case of application refusal.

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am

thanks deviser, one more thing can he apply before the 28 day period ends, or would that result in refusal as well. would he get appeal rights in that case.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:19 am

If your college licence is revoked it is generally UKBA would write to you to give a notice period by which you need to find another sponsor and it is generally 60 days upon the notice being served.

The college sending out emails to student to give them 4 weeks notice is not relevant. Even though they have done the right thing by making students aware but they cannot issue any deadlines.

Ask your friend to wait to hear from UKBA or give them a call to find out if any notice has been sent out.

And even if he goes past 23rd of July to make his application he is not an over stayer as there is no notice served upon him by HO (or at least there is no evidence of it as of now).

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Deepshithole2010 wrote:If your college licence is revoked it is generally UKBA would write to you to give a notice period by which you need to find another sponsor and it is generally 60 days upon the notice being served.

The college sending out emails to student to give them 4 weeks notice is not relevant. Even though they have done the right thing by making students aware but they cannot issue any deadlines.

Ask your friend to wait to hear from UKBA or give them a call to find out if any notice has been sent out.

And even if he goes past 23rd of July to make his application he is not an over stayer as there is no notice served upon him by HO (or at least there is no evidence of it as of now).
I talked to him and he said that the college told him that now HO doesnt send out notices to the students, it just notifies the college and then its college's responsibility to inform its students. But the college only sent them an email nothing written was provided.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:20 am

That is rather strange! If the college is not following the sponsorship guidance or using deception, how could the home office expects the same people to be advising to genuine unsuspecting students about their wrongdoings.

UKBA should contact the students and advise of the revocation of the licence of the sponsor,what if the sponsor deliberately conceal the information as they have financial advantage to gain from then who is to be blamed????

There is an extensive guidance on the below link and may answer all your questions relating to your friend

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... oblems.php

iaq07
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT!! College License Revoked. What are my options.

Post by iaq07 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 am

hi
i have some visa problems.. can you please pass me this raheel contact no and email address and office address so i can get my problem solved..

many thanks
regards

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT!! College License Revoked. What are my options.

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:29 am

Akhtar786 wrote:My College was suspended and my visa was in process and I was not getting that 60 days letter and was unable to get a new admission without my passport. The one of my friend recommended me to call a consultant who is very honest and helped many people his company name is future Inspiration and the person name is Raheel. I called him and went to see him in person he emailed the UKBA for a curtailment letter and asked them to send a certified Passport copy once we received that email he got me admission in LCA . Angila Ruskin uni now I got my visa with work rights. I cannot thak him enough he is a star. So if you want to see a professional and get your problem sorted I will recommend this person. If you need his details let me know I will pass on to you

Regards

Akhtar Islam
Dear Mr. Mohammad Akhtar Noorani,

Kindly refrain from posting posts in which you are advertising about your own company. You are also associated with EUROPEAN EDUCATION SERVICES LTD and GLOBAL EDUCATORS GROUP LIMITED.

Please beware that posting fake stories about your firm for advertising purposes is not allowed on this forum.