ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a UK travel document - Already got ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

koch92

Getting a UK travel document - Already got ILR

Post by koch92 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:42 pm

I would like to get a UK Travel document and get rid of my current passport ( I just have been banned from citizenship for 10 yrs for not providing court conviction - which I thought it not needed as I didn't get fined, sentenced or anything, plus police told me nothing will be on your CR also checked CRBA long time ago it was clear) As i would like to travel in EU without needing for applying for VISA all the time...

Any advice will be appreciated!

mr_mar

Re: Getting a UK travel document - Already got ILR

Post by mr_mar » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:23 am

Since you are not British yet this means whatever visa rules you had before having the ILR are valid after.
I am afraid you still need to apply for Visas to visit any schengen country. the ILR permit will help to get the visa anyway as long as you request touristic or business visas.

ouflak1

Re: Getting a UK travel document - Already got ILR

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Sadly the UK ILR is among the least useful among those members of the EU that offer an equivalent. It may help your future applications for visas, but otherwise offers no real advantages outside of the UK.

Just to reiterate from your other thread, please contact the court and get all of the documentation regarding that conviction together. Keep the copy of the CRB you received prior to your application very safe. If there is a deeper level CRB background check available (as was implied in the thread), get that done. Then see if you can't proceed forward to getting that ban removed. There may be a way through this, you just have to have some will power and be willing to fight the long hard fight.

Edit: Not that this is of much to you but here is a list of people who can get a UK passport who are not citizens.