ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third Party funding - bank letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Third Party funding - bank letter

Post by syedys » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:05 pm

I have applied for visa on 13th of June. My brother is providing me £50k for my business. The money is in my brother's bank account in UK (Barclays bank). The bank refused to give him a letter as per the template that is included in policy guidance (Annex E). They gave him a letter just confirming that the money is held in his bank account and is available to him. He has given the bank in writing that he has made the money available to me. I just wanted to know would this be acceptable?

Kind regards

Yaseen

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Third Party funding - bank letter

Post by cpmlkhan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:56 am

syedys wrote:I have applied for visa on 13th of June. My brother is providing me £50k for my business. The money is in my brother's bank account in UK (Barclays bank). The bank refused to give him a letter as per the template that is included in policy guidance (Annex E). They gave him a letter just confirming that the money is held in his bank account and is available to him. He has given the bank in writing that he has made the money available to me. I just wanted to know would this be acceptable?

Kind regards

Yaseen

Hello,

My advice to you do not take a chance to get 3rd party sponsor. You will not get that letter inside the UK now. Better to transfer money into your personal account.
BEST OF LUCK

Momi

Post by Momi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:02 pm

He has already applied. :)

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:06 pm

@ syedys, as you have already applied, you should ask your brother to get a letter from Barclays that they cant issue the third party bank letter as per HO requirement and this will help your case during appeal should it get refused.

Appeal might sometimes look longer, but for many with silly reasons of refusal, it is still the best option.
There are lots of applicants who got visa after appealing HO initial refusal.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks Olasunkanmi

Last week I received a letter from Home Office. They said the bank letter for my third party sponsor did not contain enough information, and asked me to provide another letter containing all the information that the HO needs. My brother went to the bank again, and talked to them, he even gave them in writing, that he has kept £50k for me to invest. The bank said they can't provide the letter in such details, however they gave him a letter which confirmed that the letter couldn't be issued. The letter even mentions the home office reference number, my name, and my brother's name. I have sent that letter to the home office now, along with a cover letter, and a letter that my brother gave to the bank (which the bank refused to take).

Do you think my visa will be refused? Will this letter help me in appeal?

Regards

Yaseen

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 pm

syedys wrote:Thanks Olasunkanmi

Last week I received a letter from Home Office. They said the bank letter for my third party sponsor did not contain enough information, and asked me to provide another letter containing all the information that the HO needs. My brother went to the bank again, and talked to them, he even gave them in writing, that he has kept £50k for me to invest. The bank said they can't provide the letter in such details, however they gave him a letter which confirmed that the letter couldn't be issued. The letter even mentions the home office reference number, my name, and my brother's name. I have sent that letter to the home office now, along with a cover letter, and a letter that my brother gave to the bank (which the bank refused to take).

Do you think my visa will be refused? Will this letter help me in appeal?

Regards

Yaseen
Hello Yaseen,
Most prob your visa will be refuse because HO do not need any justification, Just follow the Rules. I am sorry to say that You even can not win the appeal in these circumstances. As i mentioned to you in my last post that transfer the money into your account and once receive HO decision Just Reapply. Otherwise you are gonna waste your time & money.
BEST OF LUCK

Regards

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:48 pm

But you mentioned that my brother should get a letter from the bank saying that they can't issue such a letter. We got that letter, and sent it to HO. My problem is that I don't have a personal bank account at the moment. I had only 1 and it was closed by my bank at the last minute. That's why I couldn't transfer the money in my bank. My bank only allowed me to transfer money somewhere else, which I did to my brother's account. I can't open another account until I sort out the issues with the bank.

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 pm

My visa was refused today, on the same grounds. They said the letter was not enough. It didn't contain all the information they need.

joshmathews
Newly Registered

Post by joshmathews » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:12 am

syedys wrote:My visa was refused today, on the same grounds. They said the letter was not enough. It didn't contain all the information they need.
Sorry to hear that. Atleast the case worker got in touch with you and told the papers were not enough before refusal, otherwise most of them just send you the refusal straight away.

What are your next steps now?

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:43 pm

I will appeal the decision now, and try to explain that the banks in UK don't issue third party letters in such details. I don't know what are my chances of winning the appeal.

joshmathews
Newly Registered

Post by joshmathews » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 am

Yep, and go for paper hearing so you get a chance to explain yourselves. If you want you can use a solicitor but you can fight for your own appeal, you dont need one, its a straight forward case. Good Luck.

syedys wrote:I will appeal the decision now, and try to explain that the banks in UK don't issue third party letters in such details. I don't know what are my chances of winning the appeal.

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi,
I have already gone for the oral hearing. They haven't given me a date yet. I have also managed to open a basic account in RBS. If I transfer the £50k from my brothers account to my own now, and show a bank statement as evidence in court hearing, do you think that will be accepted?

Kind regards

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Could anyone kindly reply? Because I am really confused now, whether I should transfer the money to my account or not.

Kind regards

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 pm

syedys wrote:Could anyone kindly reply? Because I am really confused now, whether I should transfer the money to my account or not.

Kind regards
I think you're best off seeking professional advice, because it's not worth the stress.

But AFAIK this won't work in appealing/reviewing the HO decision. There's no way you should spend all the money and time appealing this refusal. As silly as the situation for 3rd partiy funding from UK accounts is, it is pretty clear that the HO don't want people to do it this way because they think 'criminal gangs' are falsely claiming to provide funds as 3rd parties to get people into the country to work for them.

I think the point of transferring the money into your own personal account is so that you can make a fresh application using 'your own' funds, and therefore meet the available funds requirement. For this you can just supply official bank statements, with no need for unobtainable letters which UK banks won't give out.

If I were you I would stop fighting this, make sure I meet the other entrepreneur requirements, transfer the money and submit a fresh application. I would also focus on my business idea and pay an expert to take over the legal side.

Good luck!

one2one2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by one2one2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to apply fresh when your passport is in HO and without having valid leave and appeal in process?
And if you manage to apply then there is no appeal right if refused.