ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Upper-Tribunal has refused my application to appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

majddi
Newly Registered

The Upper-Tribunal has refused my application to appeal

Post by majddi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I applied last year for discretionary leave to remain application form FLR(O) on humanitarian grounds and I have been refused then appealed against the judge decision and the last thing I have reached at through appealing process the moment; I have been refused by Upper-Tribunal to admit my application for permission appeal to The Upper-Tribunal and no further action has been made. I have been told that I have 30 days to submit another application otherwise I will be overstayed. I need your advice in this matter please. I will be happy to answer any question.
P.S I have been to the UK for 6 years. I was on tier 4 visa

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: The Upper-Tribunal has refused my application to appeal

Post by MPH80 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Well - your options are:

1) Make a new valid application
2) Leave
3) Overstay
4) Talk to a good immigration advisor and see if a judicial review is possible.

M.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:51 pm

It's a new application within 28 days not 30!

Do you have a partner? If so, what's his/her status? Do you have children in the UK? On what grounds were you applying for HP?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

majddi
Newly Registered

Post by majddi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 am

Is it 28 working days or 28 days including Saturdays and Sundays?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 am

28 standard days.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

majddi
Newly Registered

Post by majddi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:15 am

I have received the decision from UT without appeal rights on July 8 2014 and today August 7. Am I considered overstayed ?

majddi
Newly Registered

Post by majddi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:33 am

I have got confused whether it is 28 business days or normal days. I found this in Home Office Website

If the application is rejected as invalid (rather than refused) after their leave expired
you must calculate the 28 day period of overstaying from the date the migrant is
deemed to have received the notice of invalidity. Under paragraphs A34 and 34C of
the Immigration Rules, the notice of invalidity must be given in writing and is deemed to
be received on the date that it is given, except where it is posted, in which case it is
deemed to be received on the second day after it was posted, excluding any day which
is not a business day. The first day of the

Please see the following link, page 6
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5.0EXT.pdf

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:35 am

You've been considered an overstayer since you were refused UTT leave to appeal if you do not have valid leave. You must apply within 28 days of the determination otherwise you'll have to leave.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 am

Amber wrote:You've been considered an overstayer since you were refused UTT leave to appeal if you do not have valid leave. You must apply within 28 days of the determination otherwise you'll have to leave.
Hi Amber, please i need you clarify for me, if after 28 day of determination received, if i make an (FP) Application, would that mean it is invalid, even though i have a british partner ?
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am

Are you married?

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 pm

MPH80 wrote:Are you married?
@MPH80: YES we have been married for 2 years.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
MPH80 wrote:Are you married?
@MPH80: YES we have been married for 2 years.
Can anyone please give me a number where i can call the HO on , i would like to confirm the status of my application. Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Do you have children?

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:18 am

Amber wrote:Do you have children?
@Amber, NO We don't have any children yet.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:03 am

You can try FLR(FP) without valid leave, the 10 year partner route. There may now be an English and Financial Requirement.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:48 am

Amber wrote:You can try FLR(FP) without valid leave, the 10 year partner route. There may now be an English and Financial Requirement.
Yes I have applied under the FLR(FP) 10 yrs route. We applied on May 12th, HO already have my English language certificate and my wife earns £19000, we submitted 7 months pay slips plus bank statements. What are our chances even though we don't have any children ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Good insofar as there are insurmountable obstacles to family life continuing outside the UK.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Amber wrote:Good insofar as there are insurmountable obstacles to family life continuing outside the UK.
@Amber: Thanks for the info....We don't know if what we stated was enough an insurmountable circumstance. I stated with prescription some health issues that i had been going through, plus the fact that my wife has been here ever since she was 10 yrs old and she doesn't have any family in my home country. As for me, i explained to them that the only person whom i knew was my late grandmother, and i specified the strong relationship i have with my wife's family and how much they have become my only family.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:59 pm

3.2.7c Assessing whether there are insurmountable obstacles
In determining whether there are “insurmountable obstacles”, the decision maker should consider the seriousness of the difficulties which the applicant and their partner would face in continuing their family life outside the UK, and whether they entail something that could not (or could not reasonably be expected to) be overcome, even with a degree of hardship for one or more of the individuals concerned.
The decision maker should look at whether there is an inability to live in the country concerned. The focus should also be on the family life which would be enjoyed in the country to which the applicant would be returned, not a comparison to the life they would enjoy were they to remain in the UK.
Lack of knowledge of a language spoken in the country in which the couple would be required to live would not usually amount to an insurmountable obstacle. It is reasonable to conclude that the couple must have been conversing in a commonly understood language whilst in the UK. Therefore, it is reasonable for that to continue outside the UK, whether or not the partner seeks to learn a/the language spoken in the country of proposed return.
The factors which might be relevant to the consideration of whether an insurmountable obstacle exists include but are not limited to:
(a) Ability of family to lawfully enter and stay in another country. The decision maker should consider the ability of the parties to lawfully enter and stay in the country concerned. However, the onus should be on the applicant to show that this is not possible in order for this to amount to an insurmountable obstacle. A mere wish/desire/preference to live in the UK would not amount to an insurmountable obstacle.
(b) Cultural and religious barriers. This might be relevant in situations where the partner would be so disadvantaged as for it to be unreasonable to expect them to live in that country. The test is a high one. It must be a barrier which either cannot be overcome or is unreasonable to expect a person to overcome.
(c) The impact of a mental or physical disability. Whether or not either party has a mental or physical disability, a move to another country may involve a normal period of hardship as the person adjusts to their new surroundings. But a physical or mental disability could in some circumstances mean that the degree of hardship which would be experienced by the person would be unreasonable to the extent that it amounts to an insurmountable obstacle.

icehouse256

Post by icehouse256 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Amber wrote:
3.2.7c Assessing whether there are insurmountable obstacles
In determining whether there are “insurmountable obstacles”, the decision maker should consider the seriousness of the difficulties which the applicant and their partner would face in continuing their family life outside the UK, and whether they entail something that could not (or could not reasonably be expected to) be overcome, even with a degree of hardship for one or more of the individuals concerned.
The decision maker should look at whether there is an inability to live in the country concerned. The focus should also be on the family life which would be enjoyed in the country to which the applicant would be returned, not a comparison to the life they would enjoy were they to remain in the UK.
Lack of knowledge of a language spoken in the country in which the couple would be required to live would not usually amount to an insurmountable obstacle. It is reasonable to conclude that the couple must have been conversing in a commonly understood language whilst in the UK. Therefore, it is reasonable for that to continue outside the UK, whether or not the partner seeks to learn a/the language spoken in the country of proposed return.
The factors which might be relevant to the consideration of whether an insurmountable obstacle exists include but are not limited to:
(a) Ability of family to lawfully enter and stay in another country. The decision maker should consider the ability of the parties to lawfully enter and stay in the country concerned. However, the onus should be on the applicant to show that this is not possible in order for this to amount to an insurmountable obstacle. A mere wish/desire/preference to live in the UK would not amount to an insurmountable obstacle.
(b) Cultural and religious barriers. This might be relevant in situations where the partner would be so disadvantaged as for it to be unreasonable to expect them to live in that country. The test is a high one. It must be a barrier which either cannot be overcome or is unreasonable to expect a person to overcome.
(c) The impact of a mental or physical disability. Whether or not either party has a mental or physical disability, a move to another country may involve a normal period of hardship as the person adjusts to their new surroundings. But a physical or mental disability could in some circumstances mean that the degree of hardship which would be experienced by the person would be unreasonable to the extent that it amounts to an insurmountable obstacle.
Thanks for the info Amber, Hoping on God for a favorable outcome soon.