ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent new born baby

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lawabidingimmigrant

Tier 2 dependent new born baby

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi,
We had a baby 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately in the very next week there was a bereavement in the family. We need to urgently travel to India.

So far we only managed to get baby's India passport done. Checked with my employer for Tier 2 dependent visa application. No premium appointment available until Feb 2013 to apply in country as per them.

1) Can we travel with the baby to India just with the passport and then apply for a UK Tier 2 dependent visa from India? Will there be any hassles at Heathrow airport security check in or immigration checks?

2) What are the documents required to apply for Tier 2 dependent visa from India for infant baby born in the UK.

Reply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 dependent new born baby

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

lawabidingimmigrant wrote:Hi,
We had a baby 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately in the very next week there was a bereavement in the family. We need to urgently travel to India.

So far we only managed to get baby's India passport done. Checked with my employer for Tier 2 dependent visa application. No premium appointment available until Feb 2013 to apply in country as per them.

1) Can we travel with the baby to India just with the passport and then apply for a UK Tier 2 dependent visa from India? Will there be any hassles at Heathrow airport security check in or immigration checks?

Your baby will need to get Entry Clearance from India.

Indian Immigration officer themsevles will not let you go without showing them your baby's valid visa.

It will take between 1-30 days.You will have to come without baby.

Once baby gets visa then you will have to go Indian and bring baby back.

2) What are the documents required to apply for Tier 2 dependent visa from India for infant baby born in the UK.

Reply appreciated.

Everything is available in UKBA Website.

Thanks in advance.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 am

Dear All,

I safely got my one month old baby to India with just Indian passport we received from Indian Embassy in London last week. Applying UK visa not mandatory to travel to India.

We had no issues to travel with the baby with just passport.

Visa can always be initiated from India . Also there was no need for any Entry Clearance certificate from Indian Embassy.

maccdad
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependent new born baby

Post by maccdad » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:00 pm

@lawabidingimmigrant:

I am on Tier-2 ICT visa currently. I would now like to apply for the baby's visa from within UK.

Now, the UKBA wesbite says I only need to send the application form, fees and the original birth certificate. (screenshot below)

Do I need to send in any of the original passports or BRP cards? (don't want to send passport for a different reason)

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... ly-members