ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invalid Immigration Application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shabz1
Newly Registered

Invalid Immigration Application

Post by shabz1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 am

Hi Members
My leave to remain visa (post Study Work) got expired on 12th July 2014. I applied my visa under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category on 12th July, but i have done mistake by downloading and filling up old form which was version 10/13. Stupid me didn't realize that even when filling up fee info.

Now i have got my case back with a reply letter say ( Invalid Immigration Application). Bottom line for the text got by Home Office says,
As This attempted application is invalid it does not have any bearing on the applicant's immigration status. Any leave therefore, is NOT EXTENDED by virtue of section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 and expiry of the applicant's leave remains unaffected by this attempted application. Any subsequent valid applications will be considered as being made on the date on which they are submitted to the appropriate address as specified on the application form.
When submitting the fresh application, please ensure that the form used is the current version. Most application forms have been re-specified for use with effect from 6 April 2014 (inline with increase in fees) and, where applicable, the previous versions of the forms will not be valid for the application made after 27th April 2014.

Now the question can i still apple for the visa as my stay is over according to my visa.

Please need urgent help and sincere answers. Please ask more question if i haven't explained myself well enough.
Regards

empire
Newly Registered

Re: Invalid Immigration Application

Post by empire » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 am

You can apply within 28 days of your visa expiry giving them reason for delay.As your visa expired on 12th july,you still got almost three weeks to make a new application.Just explain them the reason and i am sure you will be alright.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Invalid Immigration Application

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:53 pm

The subsequent application should be perfectly completed as it won't attract appeal rights.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.