ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!!Travelling on old visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

black_pearl

Urgent!!!Travelling on old visa

Post by black_pearl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:18 am

I was previously granted T2G Dependant visa valid until 2017 and have just been granted T2G Migrant visa. I already have flight booked and my main migrant visa is valid from 1 day after arrival to UK. Now I am in a fix, can I still use my old Dependant Visa which is still valid or will I be denied entry? Should I inform the immigration control officer about my two visa???i need some advice urgently

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent!!!Travelling on old visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:15 pm

The general rule is that subsequent visas grants cancel / overtakes the previous visas. However I cannot find the specific guidance or immigration rule that states that is the case.
The sensible option would be that dependent visa is valid at the time of entry and your new visa would come into force thereafter. BUT that would be a sensible view - does the HO share that view.....

Gurus'?

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi black pearl

Can I get your email address

I'm exactly I. The same situation as you are and would greatly appreciate if I could speak yo you

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:07 am

Hi. I was able to travel on my old visa. However, you will need you need to activate your new visa and I don't know if UKBA will activate your new visa as there is a 2 week period between your current and new visa. Your current visa is valid and will be superseded by the new visa later.

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Blackprarl

Can you please help me? You have mentioned that you have travelled in tier 2 dependent visa, can you please let me know that what did they say to you at the airport as I really need to be sure to be able to make travel arrangements .

Have you travelled on Tier 2 dependent visa? What did they say to you about activating your new visa, what is the process of haven that activated.

I have searched a lot but I can't find the information anywhere and I really need to travel urgently to be able to join my husband. Can you pleas urgently reply me ?

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:07 am

black_pearl wrote:Hi. I was able to travel on my old visa. However, you will need you need to activate your new visa and I don't know if UKBA will activate your new visa as there is a 2 week period between your current and new visa. Your current visa is valid and will be superseded by the new visa later.

Black pearl, how did they activate your new visa or what guidance did the Immigration control officer give you?

Please respond to my queries urgently, I really need your help as I want to join my husband who's waiting for me in uk

Thanks

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:47 am

The ukba official asked me to wait while she checked with her supervisor. Upon her return , she told me that they gave granted entry clearance on my dependant visa and has taken down all the details to activate new visa. She also said that for future reference, I may have to explain why my entry clearance stamp was given a day before the new visa as once the new visa becomes valid the old visa will be forfeited. She was quite kind and friendly. I'm sure you will be fine and can travel on your current visa. However, like I said earlier, the fact that there is a two week period between your current and new visa is a bit tricky. For me, it was just 1 day gap do they probably took that into account as well. As she did say that normally they would have asked me to go and come back on the day to stamp the visa. Btw, if you are starting work on6/08 then you should have been granted visa 2 weeks before the start date.

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks for your reply, yeah I understand what you're saying.

I know they should have given me two weeks prior , the stupid entry clearance officer at BHC isb obviously was dumb and granted me visa right from that day not thinking how much I'd have to go through cuz of his stupid mistake!

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:09 am

I seriously don't understand why he didn't give me the visa for 14 days prior to the cos start date!

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:15 am

I think you should travel as close to your start date as possible. Btw, are you one of the gp trainees?

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi,

Yeah m one of the GP trainees. What about you?

I have confirmed it with Manchester airport Border force, can travel on my old visa but would need to validate the new visa on or after 06/08

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:03 pm

I had mentioned it on the application form about the total duration of my stay+14 days in UK, still he hasn't given me two weeks extra

Can I please ask what was the total duration that you mentioned on the application form? M just trying to think of the different reasons why the entry clearance officer hasn't granted me the complete period.

Plz let me know

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 am

I just mentioned the job end date as the total duration of stay. I will be in East Midlands deanery. Which is yours?

DaY
Newly Registered

Post by DaY » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am

And did you put the start date of the job to calculate the total duration or did you add two weeks to it and then keep that in the total duration?

I'm going to be in the West Midlands deanery

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 pm

No I did not add/subtract any numbers. I just put the end date as duration.