ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Work Status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Scott89
Newly Registered

UK Work Status

Post by Scott89 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 am

I am a USA resident and passport holder. I have Irish Citizenship (via Foreign Births Register). Can I legally enter for work without having an Irish passport?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Work Status

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:38 am

No, with a US passport only you will be admitted as a visitor with no right to work.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Scott89
Newly Registered

Re: UK Work Status

Post by Scott89 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 pm

Could I enter as a Visitor on my USA passport and provide the FBR Certificate and USA Passport to my employer for the right to work checks?

I would apply for an Irish Passport in London, since the turnaround time is 10 working days. Current processing times are 10 weeks in the USA.

9. A birth or adoption certificate issued in the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or Ireland, together with an official document giving the person’s permanent National Insurance number and their name issued by a Government agency or a previous employer.

Page 14
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... orking.pdf