ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent > ILR Absence Evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Urgent > ILR Absence Evidence

Post by safeery2k » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi,

I had applied for ILR and today I got a letter to provide evidence of compelling reasons. I've travelled outside of UK for 5 times in last 5 years but not for more than 3 weeks on a single trip and these were purely family visits not work related travelling. I am not sure why they are asking for evidence and not sure what kind of evidence I could provide. I am current working as a permanent employee but was a contractor 2 years back.

Please help how should I write to home office and what kind of evidence I can provide.

Thanks,
Safeer

nks

Re: Urgent > ILR Absence Evidence

Post by nks » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 pm

Were any of your absences for Compelling reason? Compelling is a key word here..can you share exact reasons you stated for all your abseces here?

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 pm

Going out on holidays back in Pakistan is not compelling I guess. I have been to Pakistan to:

1. see my parents and family
2. attend my brother's wedding
3. On my wedding

On all occasions I have been back to UK within 3 weeks.

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:49 am

- If you have already provided the passport, you can write a letter telling them that the entry and exist stamps on the passport can be considered as an evidence. Please note that there will be no UK exit entry on the passport but this is not a significant issue.
- If the absences were paid holidays, your payslips will be proof that you were paid while on holidays.
- You can ask your employer for a letter confirming you were on holidays with specific dates.

It has been a requirement on SET(O) that no matter how many absences are there, you must still provide the evidence.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am thinking to provide following documents:

1. Letter from me (I was self employed for most of my trips) so that could be considered as employer letter
2. letter from current employer (that will cover my latest trip)
3. marriage certificate (for one trip)
4. passport entry stamps (for all trips)

Is that OK? I'm confused.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Totally how many days you were absence in 5 years ? Those letters should be fine.

-hsr_72

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Total days are 137 so I'm not sure why they are asking for the evidence

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 am

Hello there
I am main applicant on 2 + 3, i have never been to more than 50 days on holidays, and i have payslips and employee letter. But i have 3 dependents wife and 2 kids born here, they were out of country for 190 days more than 6 months in one single holiday. will there be a problem for them? or for dependents it doesn't really matter?

your help will me much appreciated.

regards

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:41 am

Hi Safeery

The documents looks fine , I was wondering why specifically they are asking evidence for Compelling Reasons, Have you anywhere in the covering letter you have specified or ticked as " Compelling Reason " ? That is why I believe they are asking for Evidence.

-hsr_72

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Let us know the outcome of your ILR after you have posted the documents ?

-hsr_72

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 am

Sure will do, hoping for the best.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Safeery any updates on your ILR ?

-hsr_72

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi

Did you got your ILR after you have posted your document ? Kindly give us the update?

Thanks

-hsr_72

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi,
Today I got one more letter from UKBA asking for more documents regarding my absence.

Just to recap, during last 5 years I went to Pakistan 6 times and in total for 130 days

holiday 1: After finishing my contract I went to Pakistan for holidays so i didn't have any job.
holiday 2,3,4,5: I was a contractor
holiday 6: I was a permanent employee and sent them a letter from my employer saying it was my annual holidays and they have accepted that letter.

Now they are asking a evidence for holiday 1-5 but as i was a contract/didn't have a job so I am not sure what kind of letter/evidence i can produce.

Should I just make a letter myself stating I was self-employed, is there any template?
Do I need to attach any evidence for my self-employment claim or should I just write to go back to my extension application (I was self employed when extended my visa)?

Please help.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi,

This is really strange why they are asking for more evidence . Lot of them got ILR even though they have got more than 180 days ? How many days in a strech you went on holiday ,First instance what documents evidence did you send to them , Have you not written any Self absence letter stating you were Self employed during ur absences or you are unemployed for those holidays period from 1 to 6 ? I don't think you need to prove you are self employed or un-employed here because they are asking for the absence evidence ? I have read this forum most of them who got ILR who are more than 180 days they got their ILR?

Have you been on holiday more than 3 months in a stretch in any of the year ? I would suggest you to ask any of the gurus in this forum who already got their ILR with the same situation might be in a good position to advise you on your query ?

Can you share to us with actual letter received from home office asking for the evidence ?

-hsr_72

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for your reply. My total holidays were less than 140 days in 5 years as below.

trip 1: 3-Jan-10 to 9-Feb-10 - Didn't have any job on this period
trip 2: 28-Jun-10 to 05-Jul-10 - I'm going to provide a letter from myself
trip 3: 15-Dec-10 to 20-Jan-11- I'm going to provide a letter from myself
trip 4: 21-Mar-11 to 26-Mar-11- I'm going to provide a letter from myself
trip 5: 20-Apr-12 to 24-May-12- I'm going to provide a letter from myself
trip 6: 06-Dec-13 to 21-Dec-13 - Provide letter from current employer and they have accepted that

I had given them a letter from my current employer for the very last trip but didn't give any letter for trip 1-5 so I'm thinking to provide a letter from myself stating i was self employed for trip 2-5 and was not doing any job for trip 1 as i had just finished my fixed term contract.

let me know if that's ok?

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi,

As per your previous posts you said , you will provide self absence letter and marriage certificate ect for those trips , Did you not provide them ? If you would have posted those docs that would have been sufficent as an evidence. Did you ticked any where in the form as compelling or compassionate reason ? If yes that is the reason they are asking for evidence ? If it is a holiday or family visit you would have not ticked instead you would have specified in the covering letter. Anyways keep it simple and tell them that you were on holiday not on business trips during those absences. If you have e-ticket for those trips or something just send it across to them as a proof.

I don't think you need to prove you are SE or Unemployed doesn't make sense because what they want from you is just a reason for absence. This will applicable only if you are claiming points for your earnings.Hope this make sense?

-hsr_72

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:00 pm

I ticked "Other" in 6.3 question which I think is wrong. I shouldn't have ticked anything.

This is what I am going to write.

This is to clarify that I was self-employed and worked as a contractor in my own limited company XXXX) before joining XXX my current employer on a permanent role. In this regard I have been absent from the United Kingdom on annual leave during the following periods:

28-Jun-10 to 05-Jul-10
15-Dec-10 to 20-Jan-11
21-Mar-11 to 26-Mar-11
20-Apr-12 to 24-May-12

I was unemployed on 3-Jan-10 to 06-Feb-10 so unable to provide any evidence.

Should I also include "Please note, there were no compelling reasons for those absences "?
Thanks for your help

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Looks like that is wrong because that is only for compassionate or compelling reason i.e basically if some one is fallen ill or death ....in based on the information you have provided you would have just left that section blank and specify those absences were just in the covering letter stating those are personal holidays , I think that is the reason they are asking for evidence ? What exactly the letter say and if you have gone for marriage provide marriage certificate ? I think it is better you specify in covering letter stating it is not for compassionate . I would have suggested you would have gone for PEO that would been better because many of them who has gone for PEO with less than 180 days dint even ask for any evidence letter.

-hsr_72

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi

Could you please let us know your outcome of your application after you have posted your doucments ?

-hsr_72

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:03 pm

safeery2k wrote:Hi,

I had applied for ILR and today I got a letter to provide evidence of compelling reasons. I've travelled outside of UK for 5 times in last 5 years but not for more than 3 weeks on a single trip and these were purely family visits not work related travelling. I am not sure why they are asking for evidence and not sure what kind of evidence I could provide. I am current working as a permanent employee but was a contractor 2 years back.

Please help how should I write to home office and what kind of evidence I can provide.

Thanks,
Safeer

Hi Safeery2k,

Could you please update us what happened to your case ? For the period you were Self Employed, what letter did you produce for the days absent in UK ? Please reply.

Thanks,