ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

‘family of a settled person’ visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhupiflora
Newly Registered

‘family of a settled person’ visa

Post by bhupiflora » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 am

My parents got citizenship in England(UK).

I'm holding Indian passport, 28 yrs, married and currently living in Canada from 4yrs under student/work visa.

Me and my husband wants to move to UK under ‘family of a settled person’ visa.

I'm not sure if that is eligible for us?

If not, What could be the other way to meet and stay with them for more than 6 months.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: ‘family of a settled person’ visa

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:17 am

Short answer on the 'family of a settled person' - is no - it doesn't apply. Feel free to read the section on the UKBA website and see why: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility - you need to meet the top section and then one of the sub sections (starting at 'Joining Your Partner')

Is your husband Canadian? Is there any chance of ancestry back to the UK - grandparents maybe?

Otherwise you'll have to qualify under a normal visa process to remain in the UK more than 6 months.