ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE> Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajchalmers
Newly Registered

RE> Visa

Post by rajchalmers » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Hello,
I’m a master student from India currently studying in Chalmers University, Sweden. I got an Intern (Master thesis) opportunity in UK that will be unpaid. I wonder and confused which visa will be suitable one to apply for an intern.

Thanks in Advance
Ranjith Raja

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: RE> Visa

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Is this for work or study? If it's work then I suspect you will not be eligible for any visa (and have to passover this opportunity) as there is no work intern visa under UK immigration rules unless it's one of the approved organizations as defined in the Tier 5 guidance.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:00 pm

UK is no more welcoming for foreigners looking to study or even work. Especially, being a Tier 4 student is worse as there is no guarantee that your money will be safely invested.

Try looking for any other country where you, as a student, are allowed to live, work and study peacefully, and also have future prospect over there (such as Australia or Canada)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:06 am

Unless the organisation that is offering the internship has a tierr 5 licence and they are a charity there is little prospect of you coming to the UK.
Tier 5 charity workers visa would be the only route for any unpaid work.

Rajamalli
Newly Registered

Post by Rajamalli » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Is this for work or study? If it's work then I suspect you will not be eligible for any visa (and have to passover this opportunity) as there is no work intern visa under UK immigration rules unless it's one of the approved organizations as defined in the Tier 5 guidance.
It’s an academic research holds 30 credits in my master degree.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am

Does the organization that you hope to work /study/ research at have a points based licence?
If the answer is no then you will not be coming to the uk.
If the answer is yes then what are they suggesting as the method to come to the uk?

I am guessing the organization does not have a licence