ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A new way of acquiring Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GCR
Newly Registered

A new way of acquiring Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by GCR » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:40 am

I heard a new way that if join into a franchise (well built-up company), then use the 200,000 pounds as investment and working capital, it's easier to acquire a Tier 1 than apply by ourselves. Because these firms provide training, business plan, sales and marketing supports, etc.

Is it a really attractive alternative???
Anyone give me a quick response please?

GLL
BANNED

Re: A new way of acquiring Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by GLL » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:04 pm

It very much depends on each individual case, however, in general, from our experience it is easier to obtain visa if you want to invest in and run already established operating UK company.
The reason being that it gives an additional assurance of company's success and contribution to the UK economy.

Having said that franchise is not really the best option, as although you get the business's model, support and training, you will still need to build your company from scratch.

GCR
Newly Registered

Post by GCR » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:02 pm

They offer Franchises in their business selling all different types of real estate to clients globally, for a number of different reasons. They set you up with a business in a box, working together closely with them, with your own personal business mentor. When you make sales you are paid commissions, and you share a split of this with them.
They have legal partners who do the Tier 1 application for you so you get both the visa and a profit making business... These are all on their website:

www.globalcitizenrealty.com

I want to join their Franchise program, and hopefully get a higher chance of Tier 1 approval.

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:43 am

I checked what they offer, a smart concept which is very good for them, but not really a great deal from the investor point of view.

I don't know your background, but global citizenship industry is a highly saturated market and it is important to have very good contacts if you want to succeed.
Essentially what they offer is you becoming their agent and selling their services for the share of sales. How many sales can you make if you are both operating in the UK? Do you think such model will make your own business last for 5 years?

If you have £200.000 to invest you'd better invest in operating UK business where you get equity share of the business and hence potential to at least double your investment in 5 years time. If you want to explore this option, let me know.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Looks like both of you, GCR and GLL, are agents of this company, or are the company itself which is advertising here ?

GCR = Global Citizen Reality ? , is this coincidental ?
GLL = ?

And both of you are newly registered within a week of eachother. Acting like good cop/ bad cop and promoting the company on this help-only forum.

Guys, this is an old trick, pls get your act together.

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:17 pm

rahulsingh1 wrote:Looks like both of you, GCR and GLL, are agents of this company, or are the company itself which is advertising here ?

GLL = ?

And both of you are newly registered within a week of eachother. Acting like good cop/ bad cop and promoting the company on this help-only forum.

GLL has nothing to do with GCR, we do offer help with investment under Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa 200k route for those seeking UK ventures to invest in.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I am sure you have nothing to do with GCR :-)

Or either of you with global citizen reality, which you have advertised above.

We were all born just yesterday so are naive ;)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:47 pm

well said rahulsingh1 .............. Totally Agree with you.

rgards
rahulsingh1 wrote:I am sure you have nothing to do with GCR :-)

ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

ganishyohzo
Newly Registered

Post by ganishyohzo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am

I'm a little bit worried about the tightening of rules for tier 1 entrepreneurs. I was on the PSW but did not have my ducks in order before the new changes last week...I'm considering the £200k route now but I'm not sure about the genuine test.

Has anyone used external business plan writers such as http://www.spammer.com

Would the home office refuse my application if I had the plan done professionally or do they expect me to write it from scratch myself?

Thanks in advance!

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:42 am

rahulsingh1 wrote:I am sure you have nothing to do with GCR :-)

I understand your view :D

I can not comment anything about GCR user and who he is or represents.

My comment was based merely on accessing the opportunity they offer from investment point of view, as we looked at franchise opportunities helping our clients with investment and decided that there are better investment opportunities available. Obviously it all comes down to individual circumstances and considerations.

And if you look at my post you will understand what we do, we have nothing to hide.

I'm sorry to ruin your conspiracy theory, but some people do have integrity :D

GCR
Newly Registered

Post by GCR » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am

rahulsingh1 wrote:Looks like both of you, GCR and GLL, are agents of this company, or are the company itself which is advertising here ?

GLL = ?

I am a Masters Student at UK and I have just started an Internship at GCR which is how I found out about this. Right now I am considering my own options for the end of my studies, either looking for employment or Tier 1 routes. My post was about what opinions were out there on Tier 1. My experience at GCR is that there is an experienced team that can help support a new business which is helpful for someone like me, new to the UK systems. I think that although rules are tightening it looks like there are still many good opportunities for Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

Kishido0575
Newly Registered

Post by Kishido0575 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 pm

I am searching for an investor for a new business, do you know of any companies that can be trusted?

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 am

Kishido0575 wrote:I am searching for an investor for a new business, do you know of any companies that can be trusted?
Did you try asking your Accountant? Because of their work nature they move in business circles, they might know someone.

Check http://www.fundingcircle.com, a very good website where you can raise funds for your business if you can prove to them it's worth it. Of course, there is HUGE competition.

I guess there are a lot of soliciting companies out there in the UK bridging between investors and business looking for investors. You could just do a quick google search and find out.

I am in the process of applying for the visa through 200K route from India and stumbled upon a couple of companies myself.

http://www.spammer.com/b ... mmigration (I have spoken to them on phone and emails ONLY)

http://www.goldenlinklondon.com/ (I have not contacted them yet)

I CAN NOT VOUCH FOR EITHER OF THESE TWO COMPANIES. If you are in the UK and want to check their credibility, you could actually visit their offices I guess.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

Kishido0575
Newly Registered

Post by Kishido0575 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 pm

I have looked at these companies and they are no different to the high street banks and want a percentage of the business and look to reduce the founders share below 50% and can be unethical in how they operate. I am trying to find ways to meet ethical and honest people like me who want to change the way we do things in housing design and deliver the home that costs £200 a year to heat. All the traditional routes are risk adverse to anything new and pioneering.

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:18 am

Kishido0575 wrote:I have looked at these companies and they are no different to the high street banks and want a percentage of the business and look to reduce the founders share below 50% and can be unethical in how they operate. I am trying to find ways to meet ethical and honest people like me who want to change the way we do things in housing design and deliver the home that costs £200 a year to heat. All the traditional routes are risk adverse to anything new and pioneering.
Founder's share below 50% is not just right.

I have heard fundingcircle.com and the likes of it are good, but they are more useful when you have already established a business, taken it to a stage where you need more funds.

Anyhow, please email me what you are looking for at krishna9780@hotmail.com
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

NAR

Post by NAR » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:39 pm

I've been advised that T1 Ent. route applicants can start a new business or take over another business or be an equal partner in a business, but i am not sure the policy is clear on the part if someone invested 200K in a business that is worth 2M, and ended up having a 10% stake with a Director title on the companies registrar but only having 10% voting power would that be a problem to UKBA, maybe proving 2 new jobs will be a hassle but is there any clear indication in the policy that the applicant must be a decision maker?