ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on ILR application please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

Advice on ILR application please

Post by Bbobby2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi there,

Wondering if someone could help me with your advice.

I been ans still in Tier 1 (General) visa, first issues (stamped) on 07 October 2009 for 3 years and then again for 2 years on 18 February 2013 which will end on 18 February 2015.

Here are the actual period

07 October 2009 - 07 October 2012 - Tier 1 General (3 years)

18 February 2013 - 18 February 2015 - Tier 1 General (2 years)
Here are my question, I would be grateful if you can advice on these question.

1) Continuous resident of 5 years - If you look at my date carefully. My continuous resident will be fulfilled on 07 October 2014 based on my first Tier 1 stamping. Home office took long time to send my second stamping because of their backlogs.

So can I apply for the ILR on or after 07 October 2014?
or I have wait until 28 days before my Tier 1 ends??

2) Point based system - Which point based system I should be using to apply for my ILR?

About the point for the AGE? I was 28 years when I first applied Tier 1. I have master degree, earn 30k and have previous earnings which proved in my Tier 1 application previously.

So how I can calculate my points and what point I will get??

3) English Language

Since I have master degree from UK and taught in English which was already provided to Home office in my previous application for Tier 1.

Do I have to provide evidence (say degree certificate) or just state in the application I already provide in the previous Tier 1 status application.

I went through home office SET (O) application and guidance. but I wasn't sure about certain points.

I hope you can provide me with your valuable advice and set me free with clarity on ILR

If you have any question please do ask me.

Many thanks
B

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Advice on ILR application please

Post by Macro_Run » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:56 pm

1.You may apply the ILR from the first visa granted.
2.you need to use Tier1(General) Point based calculator
According to you,
Age -> 10 points
Earning - > 30 points
3. If you already proved your English skills , you need to prove again (which means need to show originals)along with LIUK pass certificate.

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

ILR advice and suggestion please

Post by Bbobby2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Hello there,

Wondering if someone could help me with your advice. I been ans still in Tier 1 (General) visa, first issues (stamped) in October 2009 for 3 years and then again for 2 years on February 2013 which will end on 18 February 2015.

Here are the actual period
October 2009 - October 2012 - Tier 1 General (3 years)
February 2013 - February 2015 - Tier 1 General (2 years)

Here are my question, I would be grateful if you can advice on these question.

1) Continuous resident of 5 years - If you look at my date carefully. My continuous resident will be fulfilled on October 2014 based on my first Tier 1 stamping. So can I apply for the ILR on or after October 2014? or I have wait until 28 days before my Tier 1 ends??

2) Point based system - Which point based system I should be using to apply for my ILR?

On regards to AGE? I was 28 years when I first applied Tier 1. I have master degree, earn 30k and have previous earnings which proved in my Tier 1 application previously. So how I can calculate my points and what point I will get??

3) English Language

Since I have master degree from UK and taught in English which was already provided to Home office in my previous application for Tier 1. Do I have to provide evidence (say degree certificate) or just state in the application I already provide in the previous Tier 1 status application.

4) About doing the application myself,

I spend fortune on solicitors previously. Is it advisable to apply for ILR by myself. Or can I get any professional to 1) Tell me what exactly I should follow & 2) check my application before I submit it. I'm willing to pay for this service but not what the solicitor charge?

All advice, help & suggestion helpful, including previous submission where I could see the cover letter and other formats.

Please share if you can. If you have any question please do ask me.

Many thanks
B

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR advice and suggestion please

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Provide you have not breached your continuity of residence, you should qualify in October.

If you have been away for employment reasons, the procedure in 245CD-SD will need to be complied with.

Due to the fact that you applied under the rules in place before July 2010, you will require 75 point under paragraph 7-34 of Appendix A

You will need to take life in the UK test in addition to your degree.

Provided you have good attention to details ability, you may be able to complete it without legal assistance.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

Post by Bbobby2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks Obie,

Just get more clarification on the "continuity of residence". can you advice me on the below please

1) on 21st December 2009 I left UK and returned on 5th March 2010 - this is part of my christmas and extended holiday. Totals around 75 days. Should this be cause of concern for me at all?

2) In the last 5 years in Tier 1 General visa, I have been on holiday to mostly European city. Should that be consider "Absence or breach of continuity of residence. In average total, I never been away from the country more than 45 days (including Christmas holidays) in a calendar year. So your advice on this please.

3) I haven't been away from the country on my employment reason, my company only operates in UK.

Your advice would greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
B

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:06 pm

It would have to be looked at in the context of the qualifying period as a whole, but 75 days seems reasonable, on the face of it.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:24 pm

which region of the UK are you based

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

Post by Bbobby2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi Obie,

"context of the qualifying period as a whole" - What you mean by that?

I'm guessing here, is that mean in an calendar year- how many day I was absent from UK??

To make more sense of it, How does one look into this or calculated? to make sure we are alright. Is there methods, guidelines or example to get clarity on this ?

I'm guessing you didn't answer my other points, i.e holidays in Europe, I'm fine with those???

Can you advice please.

Thanks
B

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.more » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi, can someone please help?
I am applying for ilr, with 5 month as employee and 7 month as limited company.... Since wages/dividend keep varying based on leaves taken. I am not sure what monthly income I should put? As salaried if my salary was 3000 as as limited company it keeps varying from 1900 to 5000. What monthly wages I should write?
Thanks
Gautam

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

Post by Bbobby2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:35 pm

hey obie, Im based in the north west of england? why??

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.more » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Obie, could you please suggest?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:56 pm

If you open your own thread rather than hijacking the OP's thread with a topic which is different to yours, then I may consider replying to your query.

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.more » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 pm

I had put query in separate thread last week... There been plenty of views but no reply. Sorry for hijack... Saw you online so posted query... Will recreate new thread.

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

Post by Bbobby2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Evening Obie,

We lost the follow because of Gautam interference.

Should continue our talk, if thats ok with you. You last question to me was, where I'm based. I said in north west. What was your reason behind asking me that please.

Let me know mate. Cheers

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 pm

I asked because you were seeking assistance and wanted to know if you live in London and the South East. Which is closer to home, as I know lots of profession there if you require assistance.

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

Post by Bbobby2 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Evening Obie,

Yes if you dont mind recommend professional who are around manchester & Liverpool, please let me know.
Thank you
B

Bbobby2
Newly Registered

ILR - Employer Letter - Mandatory ???

Post by Bbobby2 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Hello members,

Is employer letter detailing and confirming authenticity of pay slips is mandatory? as evidence of previous earning. I'm going to submit the original payslips and bank statement showing the payments.

My worry here, is I haven't (do not want to tell) told the employer that I applying for ILR. May I taking risk by not taking this employer letter to the my appointment to ILR submission.

Can someone put me out of my misery please.

Thanks
B