ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on current for self and dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmloya
Newly Registered

ILR based on current for self and dependents

Post by mmloya » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 am

Hi team, I am currently on Tier 2 ICT. I came to UK on 23-Aug-2009 on Tier 2 ICT and since then got extended in Tier 2 ICT. My current workpermit is Tier 2 ICT Long Term till Apr-2016. Please can you let me know if I can apply for ILR on 23-Aug-2014 or do I still have to wait as I have got more than 19 months still present on my current visa for expiry.

Also my spouse came to UK in May-2010 on Tier 2 dependent. Can I apply for her ILR along with mine on 23-Aug-2014 as her 5 year period wouldn't get completed till then.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: ILR based on current for self and dependents

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:31 pm

mmloya wrote:Hi team, I am currently on Tier 2 ICT. I came to UK on 23-Aug-2009 on Tier 2 ICT and since then got extended in Tier 2 ICT. My current workpermit is Tier 2 ICT Long Term till Apr-2016. Please can you let me know if I can apply for ILR on 23-Aug-2014 or do I still have to wait as I have got more than 19 months still present on my current visa for expiry.

Also my spouse came to UK in May-2010 on Tier 2 dependent. Can I apply for her ILR along with mine on 23-Aug-2014 as her 5 year period wouldn't get completed till then.
You can apply 28 days before 5 years after your first visa validity, provided you entered the UK within 90 days of its issue.

mmloya
Newly Registered

Post by mmloya » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks for the response. So I can apply irrespective of the current remaining leave.

Also please can you let me know about
Thanks again

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:54 pm

mmloya wrote:Thanks for the response. So I can apply irrespective of the current remaining leave.

Also please can you let me know about
Thanks again
Because she is a PBS dependent with leave granted before 6 July 2012, I think she should be fine to apply with you. The requirement when she applied for PBS dependent was that she needed to be here for at least 2 years by the time you applied for ILR, and she satisfies that. I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.